Author Topic: 9483 Rembrandt (Rijks Museum)  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: 9483 Rembrandt (Rijks Museum)
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 22:59:38 »
Great set, looking forward to ordering it in the webstore.

I really hope the Rijksmuseum will keep doing these since every time it gives more amazing medieval clickies.

These two look like more the middleclass, not quite nobility. We need more clickies like that.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 00:53:17 »
I haven't been excited for a set in YEARS but I'm in love with this!  :love:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 01:22:01 »
I like the PM versions. In the original, why is Mr. Soolmans wearing a shuttlecock on each knee and a cake doily on each foot?
It's some kind of game.
If you look at the original of the lady she's got a ping pong paddle.

See the chain on the paddle? She can obviously only swing it using her elbows - no upper arm movement at all. She must be very quick or she wont be able to return the ball and hit the targets on the man's feet.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 08:18:28 »
Dutch marital arts.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 08:24:27 »
 :lol: :lmao: :lol: :clap: :lol:

As for the set - A THOUSAND TIMES YES! I will be in for many of these.

oh come on playmobil put the "art series" in the regular catalog already these are the best things you've ever done

I can't grasp why the company seems so obtuse on this matter. It should be obvious by now that this is a massive opportunity. Just the other day someone (non-PM related) linked me this toy: a James Joyce finger puppet:

https://www.amazon.com/James-Finger-Puppet-Refrigerator-Magnet/dp/2855410134/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1509988274&sr=8-2&keywords=writer+plush&linkCode=sl1&tag=terriblemin0b-20&linkId=217199894bc66f4d3ffcd73f79df54ad

He's part of a series of finger puppets of famous writers, artists and characters. And there are many such "cultural" toy lines now. With the backing of a namebrand company, such a line could become the hit of the season and give PM those sweet crossover sales they've been after with things like Ghostbusters. And if they can try an idea as wacky as Asian Dragons, they can try this. Not even L*go does cultural figures like this (their architectural sets are a parallel and guess what they are popular)

COME ON PM GET IN GEAR

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 09:03:30 »
Easy and cheap would be to wait for the set to be available at www.playmobil.nl, just like the other Rijksmuseum exclusives. I can have them delivered to a dutch mailing address and then ship them (quite cheaply ;) - different from NL) from Germany. It might all take a while, but I'm happy to take this on me.

Thank you :wow:

Well, that will sort it, if not before.. How long does it take for the sets to appear on the pm store, do you know? I have several interested people around here as well..

It is actually two paintings, portraits of a couple. They were recently purchased jointly by the Rijksmuseum and the Louvre.

I like the PM versions. In the original, why is Mr. Soolmans wearing a shuttlecock on each knee and a cake doily on each foot?
It's some kind of game.
If you look at the original of the lady she's got a ping pong paddle.

See the chain on the paddle? She can obviously only swing it using her elbows - no upper arm movement at all. She must be very quick or she wont be able to return the ball and hit the targets on the man's feet.
Dutch marital arts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 15:23:53 »
If it's like the past ones they should be available to order from the museum website directly. I know I got the Vermeer set that way for an ok shipping price. Works best for multiples of course cost wise. Unlike many of the exclusives the museum seems to want to make money on theirs.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 15:33:08 »
If it's like the past ones they should be available to order from the museum website directly. I know I got the Vermeer set that way for an ok shipping price. Works best for multiples of course cost wise. Unlike many of the exclusives the museum seems to want to make money on theirs.

Yeah, depends on shipping...

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 16:45:54 »
Amazing! I have to order this one! I hope Rijks Museum will come with more paintings in Playmobil!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 18:26:11 »
How long does it take for the sets to appear on the pm store, do you know?

No. I will keep an eye open for it and report back here if it becomes available. Then I shall establish whether there is any interest in acquiring a set through me. I will definitely wait for this option (they have already grown on me: I like Mr. Soolmans's printed cape, but do hope Geobra got white printing under control this time: normally white doesn't look great... :no:), but don't wait for me if you are keen to get the set pronto.

Best wishes
StJohn