Author Topic: PM parts detectives kindly verify lady's spitzhaube ETN?  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
Re: PM parts detectives kindly verify lady's spitzhaube ETN?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 16:33:30 »
Hmm, I'm not sure how they'd go about naming these separate parts since they're always used together. It seems that Erik knows though. ;) Good luck.

Erik knows, lol.I ordered them seperately on several occasions.  ;)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 16:39:12 »
Erik knows, lol.I ordered them seperately on several occasions.  ;)

Great! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 16:45:11 »
Oh dear, I just looked at all these parts together

PlaymoDB Parts Containing "headdress, ladies"

and I have my names and pictures mixed up.  Actually it's Playmobil that has inconsistencies - let me see now.

Positively identified via instructions, are the following:
30 20 6762 is the green lower part of 4338. Its German name is "Schleier-Spitzhaube-Dame".
30 07 7550 is the light yellow lower part of 3652. Its German name is "Tuch-Spitzhaube-Dame".

30 07 8150 is the white pointy part appearing in both 3652 and 4338. Its German name is "Kegel-Spitzhaube-Dame".
30 07 8160 is the yellow hanging part appearing in 3652. Its German name is "Schleier-Spitzhaube-Dame".

30 20 6772 is the green hanging part appearing in 4338. Its German name is "Tuch-Spitzhaube-Dame".

When 6324 - Medieval Family had an official spare parts list, these parts were included:
30 07 7540 ("Tuch-Spitzhaube-Dame") (That's an old part, judging from its number.)
30 25 8293 ("Kegel-Spitzhaube-Dame")
30 26 2230 ("Schleier-Spitzhaube-Dame")

So, Erik, can you confirm that "Tuch" is the lower part, "Kegel" is the pointy part, and "Scheier" is the hanging veil? That would mean that the naming (or numbering, I suppose) of the 4338 parts is wrong. If so, I'll rename the ones that don't appear in 4338, to match their German names, and re-colour and re-photo them to match the parts of whatever set they're in. In a really high percentage of cases, the German name is the same among parts of the same mold, but Playmobil does mess up occasionally. The instructions and official spare-parts lists are all I have to go on unless people who have ordered them, can confirm otherwise.

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 17:04:03 »

So, Erik, can you confirm that "Tuch" is the lower part, "Kegel" is the pointy part, and "Scheier" is the hanging veil? That would mean that the naming (or numbering, I suppose) of the 4338 parts is wrong. If so, I'll rename the ones that don't appear in 4338, to match their German names, and re-colour and re-photo them to match the parts of whatever set they're in. In a really high percentage of cases, the German name is the same among parts of the same mold, but Playmobil does mess up occasionally. The instructions and official spare-parts lists are all I have to go on unless people who have ordered them, can confirm otherwise.

Consider it confirmed, Heather!!!   ;) :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 23:23:02 »
Whew. I think I got it fixed now.

PlaymoDB Parts Containing "headdress, ladies"

They appear in these sets: Sets containing Spitzhaube parts

To make this game even more fun, I discovered that there are two versions of 7757 - Knight Family - one with a yellow hanging veil, one with a white one. I just added both veils to the inventory, and added a photo of the other version.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 00:03:54 »
Hats off to PM detectives and Heather, you've completed this investigation in style with your last revelation "two versions of 7757 - Knight Family",
....I'm sure our friends in KW are amazed to follow this trail too  :love:

btw, I thought GrahamB would have joined in....away?

hope we can have another joint investigation again  :)

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 09:33:34 »

btw, I thought GrahamB would have joined in....away?

Who me?
I started a reply, cheng, but realised the information in PlaymoDB was not correct (it is now!) and I had nothing else to go on. I ordered the child-sized ones from DS once. Glad this is sorted! Count me in on the next escapade....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 13:11:08 »
So, Erik, can you confirm that "Tuch" is the lower part, "Kegel" is the pointy part, and "Scheier" is the hanging veil?

I would translate as follows (even if Playmobil sometimes mixes up in the official descriptions);

* lower part = "Spitzhaube"
(Contrary to Erik I would not call it "Tuch". A female historical cap or bonnet is named "Haube" in German. And "pointy" = "Spitz" in German)
* pointy part ("cone" in English) = "Kegel" in German
* hanging veil = "Tuch" in this context and better "Scheier" as that word is the exact translation for "veil".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 13:17:29 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 01:08:41 »
hey Hadoque.....just when the dust was supposed to have settled  ;D
..and having just burnt those couple of 'new' German terminology in my mind  :P

anyway, here's a nice red whatever I hope they will reissue some day