Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 201798 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1700 on: September 22, 2018, 09:48:20 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1701 on: September 22, 2018, 09:51:42 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1702 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:36 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1703 on: September 22, 2018, 09:55:41 »

To be continued  :wave: ...

I wish you a great week-end  8-)

Karim

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1704 on: September 22, 2018, 11:35:58 »
What a splendid sight! I cannot imagine how much time it must have taken you to paint every single brick, but the result is spectacular. I admire your skill and dedication to your projects. Thanks for showing.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #1705 on: September 22, 2018, 14:48:12 »
That building is gorgeous! And even better after you are done with it :o

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1706 on: September 26, 2018, 11:19:54 »
Thank you so much dear Friends  :wave:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1707 on: September 26, 2018, 11:41:22 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well;

Before starting the decorating of the 4 remaining buildings - a little hotel, Mrs Applepie's restaurant and its tea room as well as dress & hat maker shop - I wish to share with you a few detailed pictures of the front wall of these buildings, all different in their unique design and ornaments. I am very happy with the realism and visual unity brought by the brick and stone effects, but I still need to decide of the treatment of the ornaments located under the first floor windows - stone colour as a background and contrasting colour to enhance the ornaments ? -, the dome of the grand department store - grey green, coppery olour, Zinc grey ? -, the front wall ornaments - plain stone colour or contrasting colour to enhance the sculpted details ? -.

Once the buildings decorated, I will start adding the Electricity Fairy through hanging lanterns on the front of the buildings, but then again a little challenge since none of the buildings facades are the same in terms of windows , doors and ornaments positioning. I want the hanging lantern design to be the same for visual uniformity.

After thinking it through, I have decided to decorate the dome with a slate roofing effect and the structure with a HUMBROL No1 dark grey paint :

And in order to enhance the ornaments of the front walls, I have selected a contrasting ivory colour HUMBROL paint No41 :

After their work on the department store main entrance, Monsieur Firmin and Miss Periwinkle will start working on the two identical buildings - a little hotel on the avenue side and Mrs Applepie's restaurant on the parc side. A work facilitated by the similarity of the buildings, for once, and patterns cut in tracing paper which will serve twice  :)

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1708 on: September 26, 2018, 13:08:43 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1709 on: September 26, 2018, 13:10:32 »

Karim