Author Topic: 18th century/ sneaky pirates line  (Read 5794 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 18th century/ sneaky pirates line
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 22:44:05 »
Woah there! I meant no offense!   :o

I WAS joking about the insult ;)

It's just... it became soooo widespread, you know? It's... ridiculous. And it kinda feeds on itself. Ok, and it's a pet peeve  :-[

Thanks for that helpful image, I do try to operate under that as I'm designing, and Playmobil SHOULD staple it somewhere!

I loved that image since the first time I saw it - it is PERFECT  :P

Looking forward to the rest of your "drawerings" - brilliant!  And a plus for being steck. Steck rules. There is never enough steck. 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400!  (sorry, got a bit carried away ;) )

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 22:58:24 »
I WAS joking about the insult ;)

It's just... it became soooo widespread, you know? It's... ridiculous. And it kinda feeds on itself. Ok, and it's a pet peeve  :-[

I loved that image since the first time I saw it - it is PERFECT  :P

Looking forward to the rest of your "drawerings" - brilliant!  And a plus for being steck. Steck rules. There is never enough steck. 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400!  (sorry, got a bit carried away ;) )

All is forgiven!  I'd probably do something similar :lol:.

I too hate the pink/blue thing so, SO much, I can barely stand going to a girl toy's section as my eyes suddenly feel like they're doused in Pepto-Bismol! And the boys are all the same shade of tired blue and shades of grey and black. I prefer the kind of toys that have plenty of colors for all!

And all hail glorious Steck! Although my generation grew up with the old red and yellow bits, Steck was more merciful to my hands. Shame I don't encounter it much personally.

If you have any ideas to share for the theme, I'm up for bringing them to life! Cheers!  :**:

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 14:51:12 »
Phew! I made my first initial concept for an 18th century castle.

It's a gorgeous design, and the addition of vegetation on the outside gives it a lot of swashbuckling play value, I think! Your royals look brilliant too, wish we could see them in plastic sometime.

For anyone who has doubts, here is a very handy "infographic thing": How To Tell If A Toy Is For Boys Or Girls In One Easy Step (huffpost)
(someone should send this to playmobil...)

That's hysterical, I'm saving it.  :lol:

And a plus for being steck. Steck rules. There is never enough steck. 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400!  (sorry, got a bit carried away ;) )

I'm ashamed to say I wasn't aware of the existence of this set up to this very moment. It has so much potential I'm surprised it was never remade (or was it?).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 16:01:56 »
That's hysterical, I'm saving it.  :lol:

It is unfortunately very necessary..

I'm ashamed to say I wasn't aware of the existence of this set up to this very moment. It has so much potential I'm surprised it was never remade (or was it?).

Well, we asked and asked and asked for a reedition... but nothing :(   It's probably one of the most useful sets EVER.  I could use a dozen or more. Me and everyone else.

(wallets shudder)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 01:24:25 »
Alrighty, I've made some (very) rough plans for the fort!

https://hlootooart.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/IMG_9229.jpg
https://hlootooart.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/IMG_9228.jpg

I've used elements from 3288, 5139, 4294. I'm not sure what rooms would be there, other than cells, an office, and maybe some kind of area for the soldier's. I decided to follow some suggestions that it should be on a base plate and "underground". So that's what I did! I even included room for extensions! The lighthouse can be the same old model they've been using, no reason to change it much. The treasury door is the same as that in 5139, while the half walls on the guard's walkway is taken directly from 3288, the windows too. There's a breakable wall on the rock in the front, maybe another one in the treasury. Also there's a crane!

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 08:53:54 »
Raising the fort over rocky terrain is a good idea: it would make it significantly easier to integrate the building into an open sea diorama.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 17:42:56 »
That fort reminds me of the Count of Monte Cristo! Love it!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 18:18:55 »
Janilew, seriously, you need to be hired by the Playmobil company right now. You can do sketches from home and inspire all those numbskulls spewing out generic sets!  :heart:

Can I say numbskulls?  :-[

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 18:30:04 »

Why not? There are plenty about! And it's better than calling them ******* or ********, or even ***** !
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 19:15:23 »
Janilew, seriously, you need to be hired by the Playmobil company right now. You can do sketches from home and inspire all those numbskulls spewing out generic sets!  :heart:

Why not? There are plenty about! And it's better than calling them ******* or ********, or even ***** !

You are all too much!  :lol:  Thank you for your words Birdie! :love: