Author Topic: Uk police flat hat Chequered band  (Read 1941 times)

Offline CymroMobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
Uk police flat hat Chequered band
« on: November 02, 2017, 20:34:09 »
Hi all I want to customize some police flat hats to add the chequred band that is used in the UK, has any one tried this or have any tips?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Uk police flat hat Chequered band
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 16:56:46 »
I have replaced quite a few stickers with things I make myself. Usually a colour copy of the original works well (I have one of those Playpeople police hats with chequered bands, so I could remove the hatband, scan it and email you a PDF. file). Failing that, it's possible to recreate some designs in software, scale them down and print them- I did this quite successfully with the flags-of-all-nations for the houseboat 3540 recently. Glossy (or Matt if you prefer) self-adhesive photo paper (find it on Amazon!) is pretty good for most PM stickers.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CymroMobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 16:05:40 »
That would be most helpful, I’d cover all costs.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 22:05:01 »
yes .. :lol i send u a pic in a minute

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 22:09:57 »
here the Picture

there is a labelprinter u can use.. i Need check, i did this customs 7 years ago

Offline CymroMobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 12:27:43 »
Looking good!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 16:22:30 »

Is it a trick of the photography or are the chequers horizontal rectangles rather than squares, which they should be?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”