Author Topic: frequent "Internal Server Error"  (Read 14706 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: frequent "Internal Server Error"
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2018, 06:47:04 »
If service is poor, vote with your feet!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:40 »
I've been told at the smf forum to ask the hosts if they could move our site to a different server rig. This will be the next step.
If they are unwilling to do this, we might just have to find a completely new webhost.

Agh, so much trouble...

Not being able to reproduce the error "on demand" is indeed a major hassle to debug it :( 

Must have been on that "restart" - something that didn't stay "right".. Though I find it odd that only works sometimes. I HATE those. I mean.. GAH.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 09:06:16 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I succeeded yesterday to post an entire story and I am delighted to confirm that the few error messages I received while doing so certainly did not keep me from delivering the presentation of the Victorian custom figures  :cham:

I maybe every bit of a gentleman on the outside but I am a true pirate at heart  :captain:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2018, 07:52:48 »
Now I got that inconsistency..

Was posting on trading post, got the 500 error... Went back to the Trading Post board.. last post there was not mine.. (I had copied the reply before hitting "post", of course)  Went to the topic again, intending to post the reply again..

But when I opened it, my reply was there..

In the main page it doesn't appear either on the board, but it is listed on the "last posts". I wonder if it will disappear?

???

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2018, 23:58:02 »
Every time I want to log in on the forum the last 3 to 4 days, everytime I have to retry because I get that stupid error .
When I then finally succeed to log in and click on "new unread posts", the result = 0 but there certainly are (a few) new threads and new posts  >:(

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2018, 19:26:09 »
Well, I must have tried most posts I did now 3 or 4 times.

Dang it!  And I have no idea how to track it down, since it appears to be so random :(

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2018, 19:33:22 »
I started to get used to it and I don’t bother about it anymore.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2018, 19:44:25 »
I started to get used to it and I don’t bother about it anymore.

Doesn't really bother me if I am browsing... If I am posting, it does.  Fortunately, I copy the text for the PROCESS here - and I try to remember to copy before hitting "post". If I didn't, I don't think I'd be up/able to write the thing twice.. right?

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2018, 19:53:27 »
Well, it appears that when I have the error after posting something and I press “refresh”, my post is posted ;-) . I don’t know if it works for everyone, but for me it does. And if you’re in doubt, just press “go back” (when the error appears) and all the text you wrote is still there, but again, this works for me.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2018, 19:55:37 »
It actually just happened with my last post here and look, it’s posted (after I pressed the refresh button)