Author Topic: Exhibition in Schwabach, Germany 9./10. june 2018  (Read 8429 times)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Re: Exhibition in Schwabach, Germany 9./10. june 2018
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 21:31:42 »
Ahhhh, and the other standard on the right side of the pic has this crown for children on top of it, me thinks:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-20-8260
Great idea  :love:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 21:39:10 »
That was an amazing exhibition.  Ishould imagine that you needed the two days it was on just to get round all the displays!

There are some amazing customs, especially in the buildings and I never expected to see System-X and Steck used together.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 05:42:12 »
Ahhhh, and the other standard on the right side of the pic has this crown for children on top of it, me thinks:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-20-8260
Great idea  :love:

Well spotted, now I look closer I see the child is still wearing their crown. :o

I think this is meant to be an imagifer, a type of standard that has an image of the emperor. Either that or they're barbarian auxiliaries and they found some prince whose head wasn't attached strongly enough so they put it on a pole for safe keeping. 

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 06:33:23 »
Either that or they're barbarian auxiliaries and they found some prince whose head wasn't attached strongly enough so they put it on a pole for safe keeping. 

:lmao:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 05:50:05 »
Thank you so much for taking us through the truly magnificent dioramas of this exhibition  :love: :love: :love:

I will have to revisit this thread to go through the amazing details of the scenes and amazing buildings  :lens:

I love details such as the roofer applying a gold leaf treatment to the roof which reminds me of Innsbruck's Goldenes Dachl or "Golden Roof"  :cloud9:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.