Author Topic: 2018 Novelties - Xmas  (Read 2303 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
2018 Novelties - Xmas
« on: January 30, 2018, 22:03:42 »

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: 2018 Novelties - Xmas
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 22:06:38 »
The 3 wise men look amazing!!! I’m glad now, that I didn’t buy any before!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 22:27:04 »
Well...

Had already commented on the santa house.. And not much to say of the firefighters..

pink advent - white tree looks interesting.. and the boy (that head HAS to go!) looks great! maybe the man too.. (and at least the woman's not a speedo)

peasants - they look a LOT like the previous ones... Sigh. He has the same legs, right? And she has gold shoes. But they're flat. Can't they get it right??  And they have a doll. Part of me finds that VERY appropriate. But odd. The animals are now babies.  But the stable is not made of paper (but system WHY, I assume). Oh, and blinkies.

rich merchants - nice klickys.. still facing budget cuts (hey, gets to EVERYONE): one camel for three guys

living room.. I like the guy and the balls on the tree (MORE blinkies! GAH)

BROWN reindeers = :love:  (and yet ANOTHER kid sleigh  ::) )

the usual duo... the winged one is now a speedo.. but those wings don't work well in that neckpiece, do they? they look too.. "high" to me..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 23:30:54 »
Agree the angel wings look too high.

That Joseph from the Nativity set - just saw that figure today in a mixed batch on eBay and wondered where he was from.

They have always only had one camel for the group of three. Never an elephant, just the camel. So now there are 4 camels for the 12 adult kings, poor camels are going to be overworked.

The white small fir tree is great, first time for that.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 23:53:20 »
Just mentioned this:

=> I guess you won’t be able to customise this figure since there will be a kind of small “motorised” device under the skirt?
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:38:05 »
Angel looks odd next to Santa. He's dressed for winter, her for summer.

Nice that Mary and Joseph have new prints despite being almost identical to the advent calendar version. Also interested in that jug with the printed bands on it.

The barn is disappointing.  If they're trying to cut costs by having the walls the same mould, then why not make them fully rectangular instead of having a broken corner which limits their use? I know...money bad, random one off piece of plastic good. ::)

Now if that chef hat, which was also in the re-release bakery but in white is still around, and so is the peasant girl hat, then why not the other medieval hats from the 80s?

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 09:25:06 »
Just mentioned this:

=> I guess you won’t be able to customise this figure since there will be a kind of small “motorised” device under the skirt?

It is not appropriate to look under a skirt ;-)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 09:29:43 »
 Could have been A LOT better.

The 3 Wise Men/King are nice, especially the green one on the left. He has those wide sleeves!  8-)
And his torso reminds me somewhat of a Scotsman!
The other 2 are okay, the middle one apparently has no print on the torso, only on the skirt. The right one looks nice too, maybe the prints are a bit overdone on him?

The house is nothing for me. Looks to playmo-123 imo.
Angel is ... well ... way uglier then the previous ones, which were so great with their big skirts.

The barn is disappointing.

I already said it when we saw the small picture; it looks rather like a carport then a barn!  ::)
A much simplified structure and without a backwall...

And  - like Tahra said- the donkey and the bull are now replaced by baby-animals !!  :doh:

Mary & Joseph look indeed much the same as the discontinued ones,  and they picked one of the worst hats they could for Joseph.
We must probably be cheerful they didn´t give him the Canadian Mountie-hat like they did with Don Q.  :P
Only positive about the whole set is maybe Joseph´s torso, which might be useful for all kinds of historical civilians.

No more shephard and no sheep.
Let´s not talk about the acessories in the set, they are almost non-existant.
I see a not so far future were such a set will consist of just Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and some cardboard and will cost 50 euro.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 09:37:27 »
That Joseph from the Nativity set - just saw that figure today in a mixed batch on eBay and wondered where he was from.

Now that you mention it I believe we saw him too.. and also wondered..

They have always only had one camel for the group of three.

Ah, I still remember the big set - THREE camels there. Back when they could count..  ::)

Just mentioned this:

Can you believe I didn't see it?   :-[

I assume the legs are useless, but I am guessing/hoping she pops the same, and we can ditch the gyzmo and giver her proper legs? If not... well...   >:(

Angel is ... well ... way uglier then the previous ones,

Agree :(

We must probably be cheerful they didn´t give him the Canadian Mountie-hat like they did with Don Q.  :P

:lmao:

Only positive about the whole set is maybe Joseph´s torso, which might be useful for all kinds of historical civilians.

As usual.

I see a not so far future were such a set will consist of just Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and some cardboard and will cost 50 euro.

Yes, except the kid was long ago replaced by a doll!  :P

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 09:59:42 »
Yes, except the kid was long ago replaced by a doll!  :P

Ah yes, I forgot that!
And now the animals are babies. Next release Joseph & Mary will be children. Arghh.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!