Author Topic: 2018 Novelties - Spirit  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 2018 Novelties - Spirit
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 00:09:28 »
The problem is that they are cheap painted heads, and the printing is too "high", compared to other klickys.

I'm not sure if it's that, that the neck portion of the torsos look proportionally wrong, or that the bodies are too small for the heads, but there is definitely something off. The Super 4 characters looked better than these ones.

Eyebrows on the horses?  :hmm:

That does look quite strange. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 01:24:11 »
Yeah the figures are odd looking. We are very used to standard Playmobil proportions so anything deviating from that looks weird.
The house looks to me more like the ones from the Calico Critters line.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 03:52:22 »
I'm not sure if it's that, that the neck portion of the torsos look proportionally wrong, or that the bodies are too small for the heads, but there is definitely something off. The Super 4 characters looked better than these ones.

I hope their heads are still round so changing heads, hair, beard etc still works...
....why don't they stick to just one standard form for all 'speedo' figures....then we can slowly accept them :-\
...still, a good supply of parts for dioramas

....thanks for sharing Tahra!! :love:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:51 »
They should advertise this:

The Mansion can be easily combined with the barn in “our” assortment:
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 06:18:28 »
There's a few nice pieces, but overall it looks not Playmobil. Printed eyes on the horses, printed faces, bodies way out of proportion to the heads (PM normally has large heads, so making the bodies skinnier doesn't work). Poor Maricela is wearing a barrel. The house has a great styles, but they made it one big piece with a virtually useless inside.  :-\

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 09:03:33 »

I believe it IS that - regarding the heads alone. Normal klickys with printed heads have the exact same problem. Look at the catalog pic for series 3 "science woman with the gorgeous hair"... She looks stupid. Because the print is far too "high".  Also, the red mouth somehow doesn't really work for me :(

I hope their heads are still round so changing heads, hair, beard etc still works...

These bodies are NOT compatible. I THINK the arms from the super4 ones are speedo arms. But I am not sure. The starved ones are REALLY ugly and weird, and I seriously doubt they work with anything else.

The house has a great styles, but they made it one big piece with a virtually useless inside.  :-\

The house looks ok, from the front. If it was system X, it would be a MUST. Like this... no. I do like the weathercock (is it that, if it features a horse?  ???) and the other thingie... And the woman, and the barrel.

The "stables" are ugly, the stupid colors makes it look weird. Like some cheap junk. Not the look I'd expect playmobil to aim for :(

I do want the horsies. And that hair. No interest in the weird klickys. I like the guy with the wagon, and the camp, and the horsies.. but really habe no need for more wagons.

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 09:24:40 »
hmmmm

Interesting Theme but the Head from Maricela look ugly, more oval ??

The coach looks great !!

We will see....

Greetings

Andi

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 10:03:48 »
[quote author=tahra link=topic=16497.msg296896#msg296896 date=1516957413

The house looks ok, from the front. If it was system X, it would be a MUST. Like this... no. I do like the weathercock (is it that, if it features a horse?  ???) and the other thingie... And the woman, and the barrel.

[/quote]

The house would be lovely if it was done in the old style with steck parts...

Weather vane is the term, I think.  The other thing - a finial maybe?

The green wardrobe appeals to me. Probably because it screams Playmobil the most and is a Victorian mold.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 10:59:16 »
The house would be lovely if it was done in the old style with steck parts...

I don't think it would be very doable with steck, unless there were some major new parts... (I would prefer that).  But system x...

Weather vane is the term, I think.  The other thing - a finial maybe?

Thank you! They are both gorgeous. I wonder if they made the sizes non-compatible with the previous ones. :wall: Maybe they forgot?

The green wardrobe appeals to me. Probably because it screams Playmobil the most and is a Victorian mold.

It IS the victorian one, right? With different colors.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 17:08:15 »
Yep, it's the Victorian one re-coloured. There is also a re-colour of the Victorian stove with the house, and the bent-wood chairs from the 'country kitchen'(5336) - there's what looks like a kitchen bench but I can't see it properly in the picture.

There's bits of the house that are quite nice (the weather vane, the porch), but I imagine they're not compatable with anything else