Author Topic: A new year, Playmo-prices in Belgium´s official webstore up to with 40% and more  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Here is the EU-legislation (in English);

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32018R0302

I´m not a lawyer, but as far as I understood after a first read, once a EU-citizen has given his/her explicit consent - by creating an account and/or agreeing to general terms & conditions - to use a country-specific version of a seller´s webshop, the seller has the right to redirect you to that version for any future visits. But a EU-citizen also has the right to retreat from that given consent and should have the option to access other versions of the webshop.
Products being sold in one EU-member state should also be available to citizens from other EU-member states. That would mean that sets which are sold exclusively in Playmobil-Germany´s webshop, should also be available to citizens from other EU-countries. Geo-blocking based on EU-nationality and/or EU-country of residence is illegal.

I think I´ll contact the belgian Ministry of Economics to be really sure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 00:02:30 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
So I think they are breaking EU-legislation (...)

I agree. Thank you for the research.

The German webshop is lousy (they stubbornly refuse to sell figures, which its British equivalent does without a moment's pause :hissyfit:) but at least they don't shamelessly overcharge like is being practised with you.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Some additional price-comparisons of sets I bought last year (between early-June and mid-December 2018) from the belgian official webstore and what they cost there today (6 January 2019);

DS sets (small price-increases, but higher then inflation)

6535 Three Traditional Cows: from 14,99 euro in 2018 to 15,49 euro today, an increase of 3,3 %
7785 Red Framework-house: from 34,99 euro in 2018 to 36,49 euro today, an increase of 4,3 %

General range sets (rather big price-increases)

70005 Team S.H.A.R.K. submarine: from 38,99 euro in 2018 to 44,95 euro today, an increase of 15,3 %
9467 Fire Water Canon (Water-Robot): from 13,99 euro in 2018 to 17,95 euro today, an increase of 28,3 %
9218 Duopack-blister Police-officer & Thief: from 4,99 euro in 2018 to 6,95 euro today, an increase of 39,3 %
9334 Playmo-Friends Sheriff: from 3,49 euro in 2018 to 4,95 euro today, an increase of 41,8 %

Btw;

Super-4 Theme is completely gone.
Pirates Theme is almost gone.
From the general range the 6678 "big" pirates´ship is still there, and some leftover-stock of the discontinued 6679 island has (most probably temporarily) been put online again. The new DS-Ghostpirates 6591 & 6592 have appeared and are replacing all other DS-Pirates Sets with the excepetion of the cannons´add-on and a shark. They´ve also (probably temporarily) added some leftover-stock from old USA-releases to fill the page a bit; the 5810 schooner (one of the multiple colour-variations of the original white schooner) and a 5855 Pirate Raft Mini-Carry-Case.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
There seems to be nothing to stop one from buying from a webshop in a different country (I quite often buy from playmobil.de webshop), but they may be within their rights to refuse to ship the items outside that country even if you are willing to pay an extra shipment fee (so I have to get my orders shipped to a German friend, for later onward shipment to me in the UK). This then allows a company to charge different prices in two different states, even if they are both EU member states (at least, for now!).

It's a load of Humbug, really! Globalisation without benefits!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Damn! I didn’t realise about the high prices! But, the best thing you can do is make a trip to Aken by train (during the weekend you can use a weekend-ticket until Hergenrath and an extra ticket to Aken for 8 euros (for both ways)) or to Düsseldorf by FlixBus (there’s a Funstore over there). I don’t buy sets anymore via the Belgian website, only parts. Everything of Playmobil is cheaper in Galeria Kaufhof. Or sometimes they have the same promotion via the Belgian Inno website. You can collect it afterwards in the Veldstraat ;-) .
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Damn! I didn’t realise about the high prices! But, the best thing you can do is make a trip to Aken by train (during the weekend you can use a weekend-ticket until Hergenrath and an extra ticket to Aken for 8 euros (for both ways)) or to Düsseldorf by FlixBus (there’s a Funstore over there).

When you are in the center of Europe you can do these things... I had never realized how freaking isolated we are.  There are advantages to it, but in this...

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
When you are in the center of Europe you can do these things... I had never realized how freaking isolated we are.  There are advantages to it, but in this...

Well, you can always count on your friends  :D
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Well, you can always count on your friends  :D

Most definetely!  :wow:

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Another workweek started and ...

... most probably they are reading along here and felt (some) shame and/or they got lots of complaints since this morning and/or their lawyers acted a bit anxious, because I just had another look in the Belgian shop this evening and it turns out that for every set I had mentioned here over the weekend, they have today lowered again those insane prices to normal levels like the ones in the German shop!! And the fake "discounts" are also gone!

:yippee: :yippee:

Maybe I should take a look at other expensive sets from their range and and share the comparisons here?  :P   >:D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Another workweek started and ...

... most probably they are reading along here and felt (some) shame and/or they got lots of complaints since this morning and/or their lawyers acted a bit anxious, because I just had another look in the Belgian shop this evening and it turns out that for every set I had mentioned here over the weekend, they have today lowered again those insane prices to normal levels like the ones in the German shop!! And the fake "discounts" are also gone!

:yippee: :yippee:

Maybe I should take a look at other expensive sets from their range and and share the comparisons here?  :P   >:D

That's great!! :)   Thanks for the update!

Now if only we could get the same sort of insane discounts, service and gifts the germans get....