Author Topic: 3753 Spidan Rally Car set contents  (Read 1667 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
3753 Spidan Rally Car set contents
« on: March 30, 2018, 14:23:58 »
If anyone has this set, perhaps you could help me out with the contents?

2 questions>

1. The car has a white roll cage made of three pieces. Does it also have a black rollbar like most of these early PM cars?

2. Some sets for sale on eBay show a black battery/ battery charger. This was found in set 3524, but was it included in 3753?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 3753 Spidan Rally Car set contents
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 17:44:46 »
Have the set, but not in box anymore.. Gods know if whatever is with it now actually belonged there originally, right? :-[

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:22:47 »
Have the set, but not in box anymore.. Gods know if whatever is with it now actually belonged there originally, right? :-[
Thanks for your reply, Tahra. Sets for sale on eBay are similarly unreliable and the box pictures shown online don't help much either! Maybe someone will remember the set from their childhood, or have a mint copy...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 08:39:36 »
Thanks for your reply, Tahra. Sets for sale on eBay are similarly unreliable and the box pictures shown online don't help much either! Maybe someone will remember the set from their childhood, or have a mint copy...

I searched klickywelt for you (although |I imagine that you may have done that already).  Someone on there did indeed have a mint copy but only photographed in its sealed bag!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 11:14:00 »
Dang!
But thanks for looking- I hadn't searched Klickywelt, but I find the search function there (and here on PF) somewhat unreliable.