Author Topic: US DS  (Read 5715 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
US DS
« on: April 18, 2016, 20:59:29 »
I was going to brag about how quickly and easily it was to get a parts quote and complete the order, but after my experience today that's not going to happen.

I e-mailed them late Thursday night and actually got my parts quotation back by noon on Friday (which in itself is a total shocker).  So I called today to try to place my order.  The first time I was sent directly to voicemail.  The second call I was 3rd in line to make my order and estimated wait time would be "20 minutes" well at 19 minutes it rang AND I was sent to voicemail again.  Of course the parts department closes at 4:45 PM on Monday, and then 2:00 PM each other day this week (I work night shift so I'm not up by 2 PM). 

I'm frustrated since it was literally going to take 2 minutes to complete my call and I was "in line" before they "closed" for the day.  But there's nothing I can do about it since PlaymoUSA is our only lifeline to order parts in the US.  I wish it was as easy to order parts here as it is in the European countries, it would take out 99% of my frustration. 

Sorry for venting but this is poor customer service (and my voicemail reflected that thought)
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: US DS
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 21:24:31 »
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope it all works out smoothly from here on. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 23:42:21 »
This is always a sore subject with me. I was just thankful to receive about 12 damaged/missing/defective replacement parts from brand new sealed sets......after the third attempt! It usually takes three emails before I get a response or anything.

My biggest concern is that someone buys Playmobil for the first time for a child. A part is missing or defective, which in itself is not acceptable considering the price of Playmobil. The parent calls Playmobil or emails (as most people do in 2016 since not everyone has the time to be on hold forever) and never hears back. It would be the first and last Playmobil purchase for me if I was the parent in this situation. With this kind of service Playmobil will never be as successful as it is in other countries.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 01:53:40 »
This is proof that PM is not a "global company". They are extremely provincial. This has advantages and disadvantages.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 06:35:19 »
That is so incredibly frustrating!  >:(

Mind you, European countries other than Germany had to wait until two years ago before getting access to an easy online DS ordering service, most European countries are still waiting. Maybe in time it will reach the USA too.

And to help you along with your order this time, feel free to send me the list of things you need. If you're willing to pay the price they go for on Belgian DS, I can just add them to the Quick stuff I was going to send you anyway.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 07:34:50 »
Yes, and then there is the way Iberia treats their poor customers.....................

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 13:12:28 »
I know, I hate US DS so much I just don't use it. If I must order parts, I get someone in Germany or the UK to help.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 21:03:17 »
They called me back today... At 11:45 AM when I was sleeping for work tonight (I work 6:30 PM-7 AM)

That is so incredibly frustrating!

And to help you along with your order this time, feel free to send me the list of things you need. If you're willing to pay the price they go for on Belgian DS, I can just add them to the Quick stuff I was going to send you anyway.

It is very frustrating. Most of the parts in this order are American exclusives and when I tried to search for them on the Belgian DS site, they were not there

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 23:07:16 »
I'm sorry to hear y'all are having such trouble with DS US. I call them quite often & except for long wait times, have had good luck.  I usually end up talking to someone named Marcia who's been really helpful in finding parts & solving problems.  I recently ordered the Vegetable Garden with Apple Tree & the entire base of the set was warped & wouldn't lay flat; they agreed to replace it with no hesitation.

Also, 2 weeks ago someone from Playmobil US tried to call me to say that an order had to be canceled, although I missed the call. (I was very surprised to see that they actually tried to call me about this!) When I called back, Marcia worked it out for me & I got the order in a few days.

Maybe I'm just lucky?  :love:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 13:19:16 »
My annoyance with the parts department continues. They are open from 9 until 2... I got home from working all night at 8 AM, waited until 9 to call... They apparently haven't taken their positions at their desks yet since it rings directly to their voicemail box.

I leave my house for work at 5 PM to make an hour drive to work 12 hours (I work as a paramedic in the emergency room at the hospital). I'm normally worn out when I get home, so the fact that I've waited up and still can't get through bugs me. All I want is to place this order so that I can sit and wait patiently for the parts to get here and do some stress relieving customizing. But no.... I can't get through to order my parts.