Author Topic: 2ND HELLO FROM EDWINMODELS  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 2ND HELLO FROM EDWINMODELS
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 01:57:52 »
Hello, Craig ...

Welcome to Playmofriends from the United States Virgin Islands ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 16:23:03 »
Hi All

And thanks for all the welcome messages. I have been off line for a few days as we were broken into on Friday afternoon. They tried to take the computer but guess they must have ran out of time. Although half of the wires had been snapped in the process. They got in through the new PVC double glazed french doors. They just prised it off as if it was carboard. We have now been advised to fit additional bolts to the doors. So let this be a warning to all who have similar. Apart from the usual stuff stolen (jewelery cameras watches etc) they took a whole pile of toys I was going to  stick on eBay. No playmobil items. The strange thing is that we keep noticing other things that are missing I guess no one can remember everything they have in their house. So now am off to check the small print in our insurance details

ps how come the spell check dosent like the word playmobil ??

Kind regards
EDWINMODELS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 21:38:08 »
What rotten news, Craig!
I hope they didn't take anything that was really personal to you or difficult to replace. :(

I have never had to suffer the aftermath of a burglary, but I imagine that you must feel very depressed and also angry that this has happened to you. >:(

ps how come the spell check dosent like the word playmobil ??

That's probably because the word is a trademark name. I think it only recognises words that exist in the average person's vocabulary or dictionary. ;)
I've also noticed other things that the Spell Check doesn't like. Backward apostrophes like this ` in the middle of words, for example, tend to flag up as spelling errors. Other than that, it's quite a useful feature. ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 21:50:58 »
Sorry to hear your news, Craig.  You'll probably find things that have gone, as it were, months or even years later.  Unless people are very organised few if any know exactly what they own.

As regards ornaments and other things which might be on display, photos of rooms with the items showing is one way of keeping a record.

In the case of items such as watches and jewellery, again a set up photo of all items is a good idea.

Having said that, I have doen neither as yet. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 17:25:24 »
Hi  :wave:
from the US

I am sorry to hear about the burglary.
It is a blow to your psychological well being, as well as your physical well being

I hope they catch the bad people that did this, and you are able to recover that which was lost.

Meg

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 18:30:31 »
Hello  Craig

Welcome to PlaymoFriends and thank you for joining us. I really do hope you enjoy it here with us. I am sorry to hear about the break-in.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 23:17:57 »
Hi All and thanks for your kind words after our break-in. The most anoying thing is that they took my digital camera so that I cant put things on Ebay at present and consequently cant buy of ebay as much as I would like. We are quite over the expierence now, but still have to deal with the insurance company .. It was quite a strange reaction I had to it all. On the day I arrived home after the robbery It was almost a little funny but the next day I had some form of delayed shock and then last week I found my self getting really angry about the whole thing. If I had found the people responsible I would have punched them. The other anoying thing is that they took the spare car keys so am now parking miles away from my home. Still on the bright side when the insurance comes in will be able to afford a few western windmill and water tower.

Offline Jettix2

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 19:22:22 »
Craig,

Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear about the burglary, that is terrible!!  Hope they catch the bad guys!

Ben

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 07:54:21 »
Hi for sunny west Berkshire!  Sorry to hear about the robbery and thanks for the warning about double glazing!