Author Topic: Example of a DS spares order  (Read 121726 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Example of a DS spares order
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:58 »

My last DS order was on 4/11/08 and they were still taking it by phone (which I prefer because they can tell you what the actual stock is, especially useful if you are after an assembly that has multiple parts), emailing would be fine if they responded with a list of items out of stock or limited quantities so you could edit your list.

For my last order in February, the clerk wanted my order emailed.  I sent an Excel spreadsheet and he responded with availabilities.  Since your clerk took a 200-item phone order more recently, I guess that blows my theory that they'd changed policy.

I'm not sure starting an alert system whereby we inform people when stuff is in stock would be effective.

I have a strange feeling that you and I could place orders on the same day and get different results (as in I order before you and it's sold out and you order after me and it's available).

Or maybe I'm too much of a fatalist...

I can't figure out whether PM likes our part orders or wants to discourage it.  For example, nowhere on PM USA website do they pitch: "Want to equip your Roman Legion, but need more spears?  Call our parts department!"

On the other hand, if they didn't want us to order, they could easily nip it in the bud--"sorry, you can't order 17 spears because we deal in replacement parts only, and no set comes with 17 spears!"

Somebody needs to start dating one of the clerks so we can get the inside scoop on how the system works.  Or maybe not date, but make friends.  I don't care about the details.  Just get the inside scoop, somebody.  KlickyWelt appears to have infiltrated Playmobil Germany.  It's our disgrace that 10 years running we still have no insiders at PM USA. 

-Tim

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 17:32:03 »

Hello, Timmy ...  :wave:

Somebody needs to start dating one of the clerks so we can get the inside scoop on how the system works.  Or maybe not date, but make friends.  I don't care about the details.  Just get the inside scoop, somebody.  KlickyWelt appears to have infiltrated Playmobil Germany.  It's our disgrace that 10 years running we still have no insiders at PM USA. 

-Tim

I don't know what it is that keeps drawing my attention back to this thread.
(Thank you for creating it, Martin.)

Maybe it's imagining Heather's "frenzied" search for new parts coupled by her "obsession" with confirming old part numbers and names. (All I can say is, "Thank goodness for Heather and her fabulous PlamoDB!" It has become so much a part of our collecting way of life, that I'm afraid that some of us may now just take it for granted. All I know is that most of us would be lost without it. Thank you so very much Heather!)

Or, maybe it's seeing the different experiences that many of us seem to have while we're all trying to do the same thing ... Order spare parts from Playmobil!

Or, maybe it's reading the frustration of those who are attempting to understand and master an elusive and almost incomprehensible system.

Interestingly, some Playmofriends members seem to be more successful (regardless where they live} than others. Why? What is their secret?

Perhaps Timmy knows the answer ... ;)
(Has he made a friend?) ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 22:44:01 »
(embarrassed bow and wave) What's the smiley for that?

It's still fun, or it wouldn't get done.  (WAY more fun than continually answering "what's the part number for...?" questions and mailing out plans; and I'm just one of those odd people who get a thrill out of lists.)  I daresay it makes Playmobil Parts Dept.'s job easier too - so much quicker to deal with a list of numbers than try to negotiate with a customer about which exact object it is that they want, or get it wrong and cause disappointment.  (Not that that doesn't still happen, obviously!)  I'm constantly mystified why they don't just do it themselves, since they have all the data already.

Anyway, my call for part lists, plans, and photos continues... as long as they're still making sets there's more work to do.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2008, 01:47:29 »

Hello, Heather ...  :wave:

I daresay it makes Playmobil Parts Dept.'s job easier too - so much quicker to deal with a list of numbers ...

When we place an order, most of the Parts Dept. folks seem to also appreciate it when we list our part numbers in numerical order ... ;)
(Hmmm ... Just something that someone said that they heard ... once or twice.) ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline GRANT

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 14:01:59 »
I would like to know if anyone has any idea about when Playmobil DS gets a new shipment in from Germany? Is it quarterly or every 6 months? :help:

I usually place a order every 3 to 4 months, but when i call about the same items they're always out of stock and they always say call back in 4 to 6 weeks. Any input would be helpful because i'm frustrated. :eh?:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 14:29:17 »
In the UK it seems to be one a month, but the US?

Offline GRANT

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 17:17:59 »
Thanks Martin maybee the U.S. follows suit. I hope.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 21:49:09 »
hey, i just ordert this here..

i never ordert anything before there, hope i will get my stuff.. i think its much but ebay is quite expensive.. allready spend 900 quid on ebay for the figures .. lol

30652342               3x
30034630             15x
30030720             20x
30 63 531             20x
30036820             50x
30636632             25x
30247710             10x
30 60 694               1x

30141140               5x
3061143                 2x
30141900             10x
30141140             10x
30005132             10x
30003942             10x

i will update u guys and then...

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2008, 12:42:06 »
wow, allready got reply.. its quite funny when i tried to get stuff over playmobil germany they told me .. sorry we are quite busy with production.. the uk staff is quite more helpfull..

hope i get all my parts.. cant wait for 50 rifles.. need allthough like 500 more hehehhe..

are there other weapons out what i could use for a war scenario? 2nd worldwar?

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 13:17:55 »
wow, allready got reply.. its quite funny when i tried to get stuff over playmobil germany they told me .. sorry we are quite busy with production.. the uk staff is quite more helpfull..

I can't understand why you didn't start asking PLAYMOBIL UK instead of Germany ???  :hmm: UK department takes care of UK and Germany department takes care of Germany :-\