Author Topic: Kaufmannszug Redux  (Read 4225 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Kaufmannszug Redux
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 13:08:43 »
I agree with StJohn about the way attachment photos don't really do justice to your work. I would be happy to 'host' your images on my Photobucket account so they could be linked here.

Thank you for your offer, that is very kind. I´ll PM you when I have a bit more time.
I´ll then select out some pics that will get "clearance".

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 13:12:03 »
If I show it as attachments - thus viewable for registered members only - and then someone manages to break in into my home and steals this collection, then I know I must shoot a PF-member, I´ll just have to figure out which one.

:lmao: :lmao:

(well it's funny when we are joking about it, because in reality... I think shooting the culprit would not be enough!)

This may sound very paranoic, but I know some collectors whose house was broken into while they were on a Playmo-event and when they got back home their entire Playmo-collection was gone.

That is.... TERRIBLE.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 13:39:17 »
I understand your frustration Hadoque, but I hope you won’t give up on posting pictures of your creations, dioramas, collection, ... The way I see it; I try to create 3 or 4 dioramas per year and I take pictures of them. I post them here, because I have the pictures anyway and maybe I could be an inspiration for others and at the same time I hope more people start to do it, even if the replies are sometimes less than other times. I have to admit that before I became a member here, I also lurked a lot on this website (sorry guys :P ), but after a while and since the news that the PCC was going to close, I wanted to share my stories and pictures with you all and I’m going to try to continue this so other members might show their creations too one day! And I have no problem that people copy ideas, if it has an added value to the final creation, I can only support it!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 18:39:08 »
Thanks for sharing, Hadoque, very creative, colorful and many wonderful details  :love:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 19:43:22 »
Looks great Erwin!
Love the use of mixed periods! Placing the needs of the scene ahead of keeping within narrow parameters is a great thing I think

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 23:41:34 »
It's important to know who to shoot - or WHOM to shoot, rather!  :captain:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 08:54:18 »
3 pics of that in reply N° 7 on page 1
Ahh, great, I missed that post somehow. Nice column, and nice column in the background too.

5 of the footmen are wearing [the flat black cap].
They look great too, I meant I'd like to see it in future sets. Luther should have had this sculpt instead of the beret.

What do you suppose a set like this would cost, €100 or so? That is if playmobil did it as an official set.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:37:06 by Klickteryx »

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 20:23:46 »
I've never seen this set (well, the original) before - it's a lovely one, and a great recreation! Thanks for sharing!

I must confess I've never managed to attach pics or worked out how to use photo-bucket, so well done!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 21:39:36 »
Luther should have had this sculpt instead of the beret.

Yes, and the Leonardo Da Vinci figure from the Altaya/deAgostini History collection would have looked much better with it too.
Even DQ would have been better looking with it then with his Ranger hat.

What do you suppose a set like this would cost, €100 or so? That is if playmobil did it as an official set.

As an official set, I think substantially more if you compare with what you get these days from Geobra for 100 euro...
And it would come in a HUGE box with a lot of air, one that nearly fits through the frontdoor  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 04:25:13 »
Yes, and the Leonardo Da Vinci figure from the Altaya/deAgostini History collection would have looked much better with it too.

I just realised that the jester/troubadour is from that range.

Yes, the less said about empty boxes the better.