Author Topic: The Holy Grail.......3628  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
The Holy Grail.......3628
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:40:03 »
Well this came last week and it finally completes my Merry Men/Woodland series. I buy MISB sets but i'm a firm believer that those klickies should be set free and see daylight!

"Don't worry dear brothers, liberty is almost here."

"This is probably why i never became a franciscan. Mmmm wild boar."

"Fret ye not my fellow woodland brothers, from out of the darkness comes the light."

The hunting party has assembled.

" Count yourselves lucky this set is not 5344. Because that is no pet stand!"

"Come let us join our fellow bretheren and imbibe some good godly ales. My dear boy, be careful with that spear."

The merry men await the arrival of the hunters. The Rasputin family have came all the way from mother Russia to see 3628.

"Hands up who wants a beer?"

"Remember dear brothers and sisters, a klicky is for life. Set them free from their cardboard purgatory."

Sorry got carried away there :-[.

For my mind this is Playmobil at its zenith. Everything is here in this set, the hooded falcon and glove, the peasant, the hunter and the nobleman all round out a small but yet perfect world. The moulding of the clothing and colour choice is first rate. This woodland subset is an absolute must have for any castle and is sadly missing in todays castle sets. I wish they could make more of this stuff. Anyway, i apologise for the picture quality and hope to post some more in the next few weeks.

Abbot Hamilton.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:00:25 by Abbot Hamilton »
O brother where for art thou?

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
Re: The Holy Grail.......3628
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:12:34 »
nice pics

thanks for sharing
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:18:41 »
You're welcome MacGayver. I'm still trying to figure out what size to post on photobucket. Hopefully they'll get better.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:58:35 by Abbot Hamilton »
O brother where for art thou?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:39:29 »

... I'm a firm believer that those klickies should be set free and see daylight!

"Remember dear brothers and sisters, a klicky is for life. Set them free from their cardboard purgatory."

Amen, brother! Oooops, I mean, "Amen, Abbot" ...  :-[

For my mind this is Playmobil at its zenith. Everything is here in this set, the hooded falcon and glove, the peasant, the hunter and the nobleman all round out a small but yet perfect world. The moulding of the clothing and colour choice is first rate. This woodland subset is an absolute must have for any castle and is sadly missing in today's castle sets. I wish they could make more of this stuff.

Absolutely agree. 3628 is, without a doubt, one of the finest sets ever produced by Playmobil. (And, unfortunately, would probably generate all kinds of animal rights protests if Geobra were to produce it today.)

BTW ... Welcome back ...  :wave:

All the best,
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 12:48:19 »

Amen, brother! Oooops, I mean, "Amen, Abbot" ...  :-[

Absolutely agree. 3628 is, without a doubt, one of the finest sets ever produced by Playmobil. (And, unfortunately, would probably generate all kinds of animal rights protests if Geobra were to produce it today.)

BTW ... Welcome back ...  :wave:

All the best,
Richard

I echo what Richard says - a wonderful set, and I'm glad you let the Klickies free rather than languish in the box. Playmo really though about this one and included everything necessary for a good day's hunting, including three dogs and not just one as might have been thought enough. I feel sorry for the barefoot klickie, I hope they're not hunting too near the pine tree, those needles are tough!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 13:28:21 »
Excellent review Abbot! It's a good thing I never got into collecting this Playmobil theme :-\, & it's good to see you back again  :wave:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 14:13:14 »
Thanks for posting the great pictures, Abbot.
That is a wonderful set up. :yup:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 14:30:31 »
Thanks for the review, Abbot.  I agree with earlier comments, this set is a high point, maybe the high point, in the mediaeval series, especially because of the theme of the set itself which so nicely illustrates Playmobil's attention to detail.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 15:48:04 »
Ah what a great set . I have this on my wish list . That hunting party looks complete except for a bottle of Vodka  ;D , it gets cold out there in the woods .

Thanks for showing a great set and putting a nice story to compliment it .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 17:11:28 »
This does appear to have been one of those perfect few, thank you for the review and photos.

Gepetto