Author Topic: the redcoats  (Read 11289 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: the redcoats
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 15:39:03 »
crusader with golden legs??? I cannot recall such a crusader! Dont you have the set number?

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 17:16:55 »
Well ... I have another question, while we're at it: whatever happens to unsold stock? For example, I'm having trouble finding the last crusader special, the one with the golden legs (the funpark shop no longer stocks it). Is it because the whole lot was sold, or were they removed in order to clear the way for the new batch of specials? If it's the latter, where did they go?

We can still get them in the US and in Germany they are available.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 17:22:42 »
We can still get them in the US and in Germany they are available.

in greece too :D!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 17:42:47 »

Oh right!!! Thanks!! I have about 30 of these! And they are still on the shelves of our toyshops!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 20:52:27 by Wolf Knight »

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 19:12:33 »
Oh right!!! Thank!! I have about 30 of these! And they are still on the shelves of our toyshops!

i think we both lose our memory pano  i forgot the chimney man's black shirt with buttons and you forget these althought you have 30  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i must have about 15 or something  ??? they will stop production now if so to hurry and buy more .....
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 11:16:46 »
I think it is still there because it has been succesfull. Many older DS sets which are still available often appear in the "special deal" section on the website or have a yellow circle around their price,indicating it is the last piece of stock.
This years DS catalog even featured a redcoat soldier on its cover. I would go out of my way and think it is the best selling DS set!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 16:01:43 »

This years DS catalog even featured a redcoat soldier on its cover. I would go out of my way and think it is the best selling DS set!

yes i have seen it well i don't know if it works this way  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 14:56:57 »
I want to buy 300 of these redcoats , they cover such an interesting time span for playmos , pirates, victorian, can be combined with steck cities etc . Really want to buy such a number. Add 30 or so western cannons and all 100 horsed redcoats and a lovely victorian army is built !!!!!

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 15:48:47 »
i was wondering why these redcoats are for so many years on ds http://www.kingarthurstoys.com/media/archive/catalog/item-6905_1_large.jpg  ??? ??? ??? ???

That's because they sell very well!

Taken separately, all the parts can be used for customising. Think of it: cuffs, shakos, high boots,"brêlage" (the white braces), rifle, , silver collar, bayonet, and feather! So many ways to use them all!
The only trouble is the shade of the coat that almost doesn't fit any other red part issued by Playmobil. Though, there's a sailor's jacket...

Well, now, I have a question: what are these figures supposed to be? They're sold at the pirates' page in the DS catalogue but by their look I'd say they're the Marine Infantry, aren't they?

Cheers.
Arnaud

:wave:

Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 16:11:21 »

Well, now, I have a question: what are these figures supposed to be? They're sold at the pirates' page in the DS catalogue but by their look I'd say they're the Marine Infantry, aren't they?

Cheers.
Arnaud

:wave:

they were realesed with the pirate theme as this set : http://www.gardenwargaming.com/armies/playmo1900/Images/3054guards.JPG  so the would go with the clipper ship 3740 also they were again realesed in this set http://www.collectobil.com/images/items/3857.jpg  to go together with 3859 prison http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3859.htm so the pirates will have someone to fight with you see  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!