Author Topic: Classic Ngorongoro Safari expedition.  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
Classic Ngorongoro Safari expedition.
« on: September 13, 2016, 23:12:38 »
Found the classic "Ngorongoro" Safari expedition sets this week, fully complete and with original boxes.
They're the 3413 Safari tent, the 3433 Safari station, the 3528 Safari truck, and the 3532 Dune buggy.
They're all in fantastic state, so that adds to the joy!
I just LOVE these classic sets!  :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Classic Ngorongoro Safari expedition.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 00:07:18 »
Congratulations, those are some great sets!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 00:19:51 »
Congratulations indeed!  Superb sets and Playmobil at it's best.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 07:25:22 »
:love:

I remember gawking at the station on a shop window when I was a cub...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 07:53:07 »
Fantastic finds, Erik. They don't make 'em like that any more! (We just got hold of a 4826, which is a sort of System-X version of 3433, but not a patch on that Steck one with its legendary 4-way connectors!).

I notice the Datenbank-Setinhalt at Klickywelt doesn't have 3433. Would you consider doing some pictures showing the set contents (and box) laid out on a neutral background?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:20:58 »
We just got hold of a 4826, which is a sort of System-X version of 3433, but not a patch on that Steck one with its legendary 4-way connectors!

I don't think this station has 4 way connectors - isn't that the western farm? Unless you mean the half-height foundation ones - but then again, those are the only connectors for those, unfortunately..

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 08:29:27 »
Yes I mean those short ones, until recently the only ones available, well almost*. The desire for the re-release of set 7400 (by Rasputin and others) must be in part due to the attraction of these half-height 4way connectors?

*just checked with playmodb: full height 4-way connectors were in Farm 3716 (x2) and Western Farm 3769 (X1) as you said. And 6410 or course.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:49:28 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:33:59 »
Yes I mean those short ones, until recently the only ones available, well almost! The desire for the re-release of set 7400 (by Rasputin and others) must be in part due to the attraction of these half-height 4way connectors?

The "normal" 4 way is available since that western farm, I suppose, but probably quite hard to find until its rerelease.

The short 4 way ones are the only connectors for the foundation pieces. I think we all want that rereleased cause all the parts are so freaking useful for so many things. And we all could use a few more (like DOZENS!  :love: )

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 19:14:36 »
Congratulations indeed!  Superb sets and Playmobil at it's best.

Indeed!!!   ;D
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 09:50:16 »
Amazing, I used to have this tent when i was young but was one of the very few playmobil sets i had that were destroyed in a basement flood. I used to love this set and its nice to see it again , mint !!!  :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: