Author Topic: 5864 Take along castle  (Read 8205 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5864 Take along castle
« on: September 01, 2009, 16:07:28 »
Ok here is a new US set that is out in Target, Kmart and i think in TRU. It would be perfect to take to a nice restaurant with each of the three boys with their own  :lol: . It sells for $29.99 and here it is first in pictures . I will add to this later .

Front of Box

Back of box

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5864 Take along castle
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 16:23:41 »
The shield and sword i will use as a decoration on the office wall .

The weakened sword strap  :(

The broken strap, if one is weak and the other broken and this is new I sure do not think they will last very long with kids using them .

The inside of the shield has a handle. I think they should have made the handle rigid , the last thing you want is a floppy shield in battle. It does have a notch so it locks in place but solid is better

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 16:28:28 »
The inside of the mini fort

The box front said "loads of accessories" they were right  :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 16:37:28 »
Here is the Lion troops defending their turf

Here is the invading Wolf clan looking for new turf and a good pint

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 16:42:52 by Rasputin »

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 16:56:25 »
Thanks for the review and great pictures Ras!

I'd like to get this for the Wolf Knight figures, which I think are a very good looking crew, but I don't particularly want the sword and shield. The shield-shaped castle is interesting, but I'm not sure I'd really use it with all the other castle pieces I have to make small towers and castles with.

If it's still available when I make to to the US then I'll probably get one, and maybe the price will have dropped.   

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 20:09:33 »
Thanks, Ras, for an excellent review.  The poor quality is worrying with Playmobil again doing themselves no favours if this is common with their sets for outlets such as TRU.  Having said that, the quantity of figures and accessories offer great value for money I should imagine.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 20:18:30 »
Excellent review beautifully documented  :wow: :wow:!!!

Karim ;)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 00:05:32 »
I'd like to get this for the Wolf Knight figures, which I think are a very good looking crew, but I don't particularly want the sword and shield. The shield-shaped castle is interesting, but I'm not sure I'd really use it with all the other castle pieces I have to make small towers and castles with.

Well you know me, i would gladly send you the klickies, keep what ever you do not want and we could split up the cost  ;)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 03:01:45 »
Thanks for the pictures and the review, Rasputin.  Welcome back, too!

When I first saw this set, I thought it was useless except for a couple of the klickies that I'd really like to have.  Upon seeing Rasputin's pictures, however, I think I just may purchase it, as I didn't realize it included the castle piece, which is pretty interesting and could be used in a number of applications.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 04:45:15 »
Although I'm not interested in the set to buy, I must admit that castle does have some nice points about it.  I actually thought it was shaped rather ship like when I first saw Ras's photos, but then Martin pointed out it copied the shape of the shield.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”