Author Topic: 4292 Pirate Gang.  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
4292 Pirate Gang.
« on: September 26, 2007, 21:14:30 »
 Today was a good day, the new pirates arrived here after a short journey from Germany and the first lot to escape is the Pirate Gang.

I like the new style posh boxes as I like to call them with the raised white Playmobil lettering and the new look box backs in blue rather than white.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: 4292 Pirate Gang.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 21:26:08 »
The Figures.

I like the 3 male Pirate's in this set they all have very good printed designs on them and I like their colour schemes also. The bald Pirate is really cool, the bald head just comes off like normal playmobil hair. Hit tattooed face isn't new, it is from an old special 4592 caveman.

The female pirate I find a little bit plain looking compared to others in the past and I really don't like the choice of legs they are too heavy looking for a female, they are men's legs. I would of liked to of seen them reuse the riding boot style legs that where used on the lady pirate on the ship 3750. Also the chest on this figure is more dark orange rather than a matching flesh colour as seen on the box.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 21:41:41 »
 There is one piece with this set that I really like and I'm sure others who favour the Pirate theme will do also and that is the new sash. You can see it on the box front image and also on one of the box side images but they don't show how it can be used. The sash clips under the front of the body and there are two recesses that you can store two pistols, very cool.

The new small kegs are OK, but on the box images they show them having a small hole where a bung would of been but the kegs don't actually have one. They have reused the red plume from the redcoat soldiers in this set so a part number is now available. The small bottles have a  small PM logo on them and I'm not sure if the large basket is new or not.

The fun part with that removable bald head means you can now create a Britney Looking figure. ;D

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 00:28:54 »
thanks sir gareth.
the new hat and the new pistol-holding sash are wonderful.

:)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 05:27:59 »
I like 'm all!
Thanks for the review it's about time someone went to Germany and got a posh box for us ;D
The prints are very smart and did someone already seen the "new" arms on the bald pirate or are they reused??
I checked the shops here in the Netherlands for this set, but haven't seen it yet.
Rob

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:43 »
Nice group which I'll be getting when it comes out in the UK. Thanks for the review Gareth!

I'm hoping Playmobil will eventually produce a normal-looking bald head. I've had one for years and my klicky-me needs one.  The bald sash head, the monk head and the clown head are all OK, but they don't look like mine.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 15:23:22 »
Many thanks for the review, Gary.  That's an interesting set with some nice new ideas; the sash is especailly clever, I think.

Presumably Britney is not as in Spears!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:33:13 »
Very nice review. Thanks for it. Actually this set has some very interesting new pieces.

[...] I'm not sure if the large basket is new or not.

I don't think it's new. It looks pretty the same to me than the yellow basket from the bakery delivery car.

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 01:15:00 »
Another  great review, Sir Gareth.

The rum bottle,& small kegs, will make neat
stuff for the hold of a ship, or any pirate storage area.

Like the bald guy!

The gun holding sash is awesome.  8} 
Thanks for the pics.
Best regards,

Jimbo

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:21:58 »
Thanks again Sir Gareth!

I LOVE the sash! It is the best bit of the whole box, IMO. And the second best part is that none of the pirates have peg legs! Yay! I have way too many crippled pirates already.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry