Author Topic: High Performance Athletes (Olympics) 5188 - 5202  (Read 11229 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: High Performance Athletes (Olympics) 5188 - 5202
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 02:18:14 »
5198 Swimmer

Box front

box back

contents.... I applied the stickers before I took pics. :-[ But the treads and number were of course stickers. One thing I don't like is that the number 3 was the only option. Would have been nice if you could choose a number, would make customizing easier.

front of the swimmer

Love the back of her suit

A view with the swim cap off. As you can see the cap goes directly on her head, like hair.

A side view. Cheng, if you need more pics of the cap, let me know. Or anyone, for that matter. :lol:

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 02:22:02 »
5199 Weight Lifter

Box front

box back

contents of the box. I love how the bar is curved. :lol:

A view showing his plain back

And the assembled weight... looks like he's about to lose it! :omg:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 02:26:51 »
5200 Hammer Thrower

box front

box back

contents of the box

A closer view of the three pieces making up the hammer

Klicky's back

And here he is in action.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 02:32:45 »
5201 Javelin Thrower

Front of the box

back of the box

Box contents. The javelin is very bendable, which I guess is supposed to make it less able to poke eyes out. Seems it wouldn't make that much difference...

Back view

And an action shot. Love the sneakers with the bikini bottom. This same klicky could be used as a runner if you take away the javelin.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 02:36:54 »
5202 Target Shooter

Box front

and the back

contents..... Chris actually put this one together, but I'm assuming the target came as a sticker which he applied

Front view of the klicky

And a back view

And here's the whole set.

That's all of them for now, I'll be adding in the other three when I get them.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 02:50:53 »
great pictures bb, thanks. there are some things I did not know and now with your review I am able to adjust my order.

I am not sure about the use of the fat male klicky body, Maybe geobra should make a muscular body, it just does not look right for being ones who represent the top athletes of the world.

I am really liking this theme more and more and do hope it eventually get a second run
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 02:52:38 »
I'd love to see it get a second run in the form of winter olympics sets. :love:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 03:04:50 »
I'd love to see it get a second run in the form of winter olympics sets. :love:

Great idea, skiing, skating, ice hockey, luge, lots of the parts are already in existence

I had no idea the IOC had so many issues

"The rise of television as a global medium for communication enhanced the profile of the Games. It created an income stream, via the sale of broadcast rights and advertising, which has become lucrative for the IOC. This allowed outside interests, such as television companies and corporate sponsors, to exert influence. The IOC has had to address several criticisms, internal scandals, the use of performance enhancing drugs by Winter Olympians, as well as a political boycott of the Winter Olympics. Nations have used the Winter Games to showcase the claimed superiority of their political systems."
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 03:58:15 »
thanks for showing all those close-up photos bb! :love:
and we can see that PM is taking the trouble to print on their backs as well! :love:

and special thanks for the red cap...I hope they make a black one someday....I can easily make some Asian 'hair cuts' and opera masks....assuming you can swivel/rotate those caps in any direction....I think the rear is thicker right? reversed and with eyeholes cut out, he'll make a fearsome wrestler's full headmask too :love:
...there's so much possibilities fo this swimming cap even without thinking about it ;)

are the torso and legs of the (fat?) weight thrower new? (or exactly the same as the weight-lifter?)can you please take a side view, bb?

Darth Vader can sure use those 'unlighted' javelins too ;)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 06:47:44 »
heh, that javelin does look a bit like a lightsaber now that you mention it.

Great sets by the way, an entire gym could be made with these sets.  :)