Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 202497 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1450 on: April 14, 2015, 19:02:13 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

It is so nice to see you here  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1451 on: March 24, 2018, 14:09:10 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :)

I hope that this message will find you all well.

After 5 years spent in Luxembourg, here I am back in England and finally settled in the charming little community of Marlow on the banks of the Thames river a few miles away from busy London. Life has been hectic for me too say the very least on a professional level with a hotel which takes much of my time and energy and generates stress on a daily basis, but I guess this is modern life for us all.

And after a long, very long and cold winter which had snow and ice in Marlow only two weeks ago, we are now looking for Springtime like the Messiah.

I am now nicely settled in a little residence away from my diabolical hotel with a bedroom overlooking a little park filled with playful squirrels, a perfect environment for Playmovictorian and his poetic creations.

I have not been home back to France for a year and I have missed my lovely home and garden but only 2 months to go until I finally enjoy a well deserved 2 weeks holiday to celebrate my 51st birthday though I do not feel being already half a century old.

The good news is that I can finally announce the return of my little Victorians but not in their Regent St environment as it necessitates a logistic and a space which I cannot afford in my new flat here in the UK ( to accommodate a 3m x 1.5 meters diorama ) but our little Friends will all vome back with early June in a very large suitcase including the vehicles, furniture, plants and flowers, lighting and so on for a brand new adventure in a elegant and picturesque London district which will host a department store, a restaurant and a chocolate / ice cream shop in a decor which I wish to be evocative of Springtime, poetic and of a gone by era.

I am at the very early stage of planning this new diorama while getting used to work with the Sylvanian Families Toy range which scale is very similar to that of Playmobil ( a univers already brilliantly explored by our Friend Emma Jane in the past ), a creation I will share with you through my usual photographic tutorials following my ideas and inspiration.

I invite you to discover the brand new Sylvanian Families New Town Series collection which could only enchant me as per its charm and style inspired by the Victorian era, wealth of architectural details which should allow me to create an idyllic environment for my little Victorians to come back to life.

Thank you so much for still remembering me and my work through all these years and no word can express how HAPPY I am to finally be able to re open the Magic Door again  :love:

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #1452 on: March 24, 2018, 14:20:46 »
Great to see you again, Karim, we have missed you!

Looking forward to your new story.

Just to tell you, the Sylvanian town is already alive here and growing:  ;)

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=16547.0

Enjoy!

Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #1453 on: March 25, 2018, 00:39:53 »
Lovely to see you back Karim!  Looking forward to what you manage in your space.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1454 on: March 31, 2018, 09:30:02 »
Thank you so much dear Friends  :wave:

OMG ! I had no idea my thread would have been read over 90 000 times so far  8}

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1455 on: April 01, 2018, 12:26:32 »

Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that this post will find you all healthy and well on this Easter week-end.

Whether it is here in England or in France, I honestly believe that after such a long and cold winter, many of us are now aspiring to enjoy Springtime, sunshine and mild weather.

So here I am at last, after a break imposed by the so called life circumstances which forced me like many others these days to leave the security and stability of a position I occupied in Luxemburg for 4 years and pack up my belongings for a fresh new start somewhere else. Without any warning or notice, I was graciously thanked for my goood and loyal services and kindly invited to make the necessary arrangements to leave within a month, this happened on 11th February 2016, a date one does not easily forget.

My personal effects would not take more than 2 large suitcases and few boxes, really not an issue for me who lived abroad since the 90s ( New Zealand, Australia, Canada, England, Luxemburg ) but the real problem I faced at the time was exactly 3 meters long by 1.5 meters large, my Return to Regent St diorama so very patiently created created from a blank page and its little univers of happy Victorian which took shape in front of your very eyes through my detailed photographic tutorials. I could not possibly quantify the number of hours I spent to plan, develop, photograph this "labour of love" constantly looking for that special accessory which will add its realistic final touch.

I who so wished to share with you the decoration of the interior of the grand mansion after the success of my victorian kitchen which I took great pride of, it is on a Saturday afternoon that I incredibly minutiously stored with great care and love, every single figure, vehicle, furniture, plants and accessories - Playmobil and 1/12th scale Miniatures - in a humongous custom made box for a secure transport with "FRAGILE Pls Handle with Care" signs all over. Without being melodramatic, which I am not, those who know my work and creations - and you are many according to the number of views of visitors on this topic for which I thank you all - it was with a very, very heavy heart that I carefully closed that box before handling it to the shipping company towards my French home.

The following next 2 years swa me fighting my way through life like many of us in order to find a stable and secure position in which I would be able to finally enjoy enough serenity and calm to consider doing something else than just dealing with the obligations of adult life.

I was lucky to find a suitable position in England, in Marlow, a pretty upscale community on the banks of the River Thames located a few miles away from London and a little flat with a bedroom overlooking a park populated by cheeky and voracious squirrels.

My bedroom is considerably smaller than that in Luxembourg and thinking of having the whole Return to Regent St diorama shipped back to the UK was a NoNo BUT I still was able to create a smaller new project which came along with the release of the Sylvanian Families New Town Series and its pretty Victorian buildings straight out of a Mary Poppins movie.

It is now with a heart & soul filled with Joy that I invite you to discover the new collection which will host the new adventures of my little Victorians, their vehicles, furniture, accessories which I will all come back with me early June in 2 large suitcases after my first holiday in France in one year.

Quite surprisingly, you will next be greeted by the joyous "Chocolate Bunnies" family named after their chocolate dipped like ears who will introduce to the Sylvanian Families New Town range which will feature a Department Store, a Chocolate / Pastry Shop, a Restaurant and few other surprises which I will share with you along my inspiration and creations.

I will of course share my progress with you through detailed photographic tutorials and little tricks to create a miniature decor in scale with our Playmobil all in a gone by era style evocative of Springtime and childhood.

The following pictures are the first I have taken in nearly 3 years.

I also wish to inform you that I intend to resume my little escapades around the United Kingdom with Windsor - where I have lived for 8 years -, the little villages along the Thames, the famous Clipper Ship Cutty Sark in London, the HMS Victory in Portsmouth, and so in the dedicated thread.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for having so patiently waited for fresh news for all these years and wish you all a Happy Springtime !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1456 on: April 01, 2018, 12:28:55 »

Tea & Treats ( £7.99 )

Karim :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1457 on: April 03, 2018, 20:27:56 »
Street Lamp ( Lighting with still or flickering lamps ) ( £6.99 )

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1458 on: April 03, 2018, 20:30:39 »
Le Chocolatier ( £9.99 )

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1459 on: April 03, 2018, 20:35:42 »
Le Glacier ( £24.99 )

See you tomorrow for a presentation of the Restaurant  :)

Wishing you a lovely evening !

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 21:30:20 by playmovictorian »