Author Topic: Extending the 3112/3288 Naval Stronghold  (Read 2147 times)

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
Extending the 3112/3288 Naval Stronghold
« on: March 16, 2019, 02:46:40 »
I just got my first PM building today, the 3288 Naval Stronghold. (Very nice set, too! I was surprised by its size when I saw it in person.) I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on how to extend it. I saw there’s a similar set that’s just a small jail, but I’d like to add more than just jail cells. I would like to make it similar to Lego’s Eldorado Fortress.

Are there any sets I could get that might include some similar pieces and fewer jail panels? Did they make a door that would fit in well, like a big wooden one?

Thanks,

Josh

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Extending the 3112/3288 Naval Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 03:00:20 »
It looks like 5919 is close to what I’m looking for. It’s System X and has a door and a larger window. Not a huge door, though. I wonder if there’s a bigger one.

Edit: It also looks like the windows from 4857 would look beautiful in the fortress too. I wonder if I could order them from the parts department.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:01:58 by jodawill »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 10:15:57 »
You are doing a good job answering your own questions here!

The window frame and mullions are available through UK DS for £0.45 and £0.25 respectively, so £0.95 per window as you need two mullions per frame. The mullions are described on the PM site as 'window pane fort 99' which makes it pretty hopeful these windows will fit the fort walls.

If you have problems getting the parts from your local DS, I could order them here in the UK and ship them over, if you want.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 14:28:34 »
I’ll add those to my list when I submit my order. We’ll see what happens.  :) If there’s anything I can’t get here, I might take you up on your offer to forward a package over here. I’d really appreciate the help.

It looks like Naval Stronghold is rare online, but it also doesn’t sell for much. There was only one on eBay in the US and I bought it for about $30. Is there somewhere else I could find more of these? I imagine it’s too old to but from the parts department.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 20:13:47 »
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl?theme=Knights;sortby=setnum;focus=Building;pics=on;page=1
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl?theme=Pirates&sortby=setnum&focus=Building&pics=on
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl?theme=Farm&sortby=setnum&focus=Building&pics=on

Above links are from playmodb site showing buildings that might be suitable but you'll need to sift through them yourself. Many of the parts will be available for order or you may be able to find them second hand.

Any questions about parts that are compatible because some of the parts look compatible but aren't just ask here, hopefully someone will know.

The plain stone wall is still available for instance for £1.50

Looking at this again there are also the system x buildings from the western forts, they might be better. The newer take along sets have doors and windows that are sys-x compatible. I mention these because they have a nice door frame in dark brown - only 50p but you wont be able to order it with the stone wall mentioned above because of the screwy way they do things, it would have to be different orders.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 20:33:18 by Klickteryx »

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 18:54:07 »
Any idea why it's so hard to find this set for sale? Is there another place I could look besides eBay? I bought the only one listed on eBay, and I want to extend it… but as far as I can tell, there are none to buy anywhere on the internet. 8} :lol:

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 16:35:57 »
I guess it's not hard to find if you live in Europe. I just looked at the German eBay and there's tons of them! :o They're also more expensive than what I paid though. I got mine for $35. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 20:28:39 »
I guess it's not hard to find if you live in Europe. I just looked at the German eBay and there's tons of them! :o They're also more expensive than what I paid though. I got mine for $35. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

German ebay has always tons of everything playmo, or near enough...

But you're right - patience... MOST things do appear...