Author Topic: Fantasy Romanish Fort  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Fantasy Romanish Fort
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:46 »
Okay, so when you say mini-dio, what you actually mean is a huge one that looks great. I should have known  :)

What an awesome fort! The size is perfect, it's how I imagine these forts to be. It kind of made me think of the beginning of Waiting for the Barbarians (novel by Coetzee, a South-African writer).
I love the buildings and the little scenes everywhere  :D  I assume the non-playmo food is from Sylvanian Families? It looks gorgeous and fits right in.

The photo's loaded just fine and some shots look pretty cool actually (I like the one with the cats in close-up in the front and the fort stretching out behind them).

I always enjoy building the diorama a lot more than the process of making pictures, uploading, selecting and putting them on the internet, but I've noticed that after some practice it gets easier and goes a lot faster.

Can I come over and play?!

This made me laugh out loud.  :lol: I second this request (and I specialize in sorting and organizing)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 12:37:24 »
Okay, so when you say mini-dio, what you actually mean is a huge one that looks great. I should have known  :)

Well, mini cause it's not fully done - there should be a lot more stuff (vegetation and proper rock formations come to mind). It's just that most stuff is either MIA or swamped in the playmomountains... And I really wasn't up for it  :(

As to space, for inside a private home, it's good, I suppose. But space will be quite diminished with the needed shelves.   :'(

It kind of made me think of the beginning of Waiting for the Barbarians (novel by Coetzee, a South-African writer).

Is that a romanish tale? Does it end well? Does it have violent scenes with animals? Might be worth checking out! Never heard of it..

I assume the non-playmo food is from Sylvanian Families? It looks gorgeous and fits right in.

Yes, it works very well with playmo, IMO... And they make "single" vegetables and bread.. which helps. I LOVE the grapes.. and that bread that fits PERFECTLY on the playmobowl (and always makes me wanna eat it!).

I always enjoy building the diorama a lot more than the process of making pictures, uploading, selecting and putting them on the internet, but I've noticed that after some practice it gets easier and goes a lot faster.

Well, I always HATED taking the pics and working them (something I tend not to do here), but this takes that to a whole new level! The choosing, ordering... GAH. Didn't help there were several versions of the dio, so I had pics from several different days... AGH.

(and I specialize in sorting and organizing)

How fast can you get here?! The Gods know I need all the help I can get. I'm afraid none of those are strong points with me  :-[

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 13:05:51 »
By now I've got everything in specific boxes: box of food, box of small animals, box of large animals, boxes of clickies arranged by theme and so on...

With your playmo-mountains, it's probably impossible to start looking for stuff, I completely understand. And still, I think it already looks great. Makes you think of what you could achieve one day  8-)

Is that a romanish tale? Does it end well? Does it have violent scenes with animals? Might be worth checking out! Never heard of it..

Coetzee won the Nobel prize for literature with Disgrace (maybe you've heard of that somewhere? - don't read it because a major theme in the book is about showing mercy and how people treat animals without mercy) - I only learned about it in class last year.
Waiting for the barbarians is set in a fort near a desert. The time and place is vague and the descriptions just made me think of a campment like yours. The chief magistrate of the place is the main character.
I loved the book (powerful, meaningful, grabs you by the throat, unexpected, makes you think, well-written), but it doesn't exactly end well and it's got lots of violence in it (although I only remember against humans). So I probably shouldn't recommend it if that's not your thing.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 13:19:11 »
By now I've got everything in specific boxes: box of food, box of small animals, box of large animals, boxes of clickies arranged by theme and so on...

With your playmo-mountains, it's probably impossible to start looking for stuff, I completely understand. And still, I think it already looks great. Makes you think of what you could achieve one day  8-)

Awesome, that is my goal as well (if I live that long!) - and plenty is already sorted... But even sorted, some tubs are quite buried :(

The food and kitchen stuff is in zippers, and mostly handy. The rockies were buried in boxes, used just a few more recent ones that are on the playmomountain, unsorted :(  Also didn't find the courage to go through all the veg boxes and tubs... :(

Found ONE side of those wagons (from a lot, I think - which means all of ours are probably lost together SOMEWHERE).
(there's a reason none of the wagons have the sides  :-[ )

Coetzee won the Nobel prize for literature with Disgrace (maybe you've heard of that somewhere? - don't read it because a major theme in the book is about showing mercy and how people treat animals without mercy) - I only learned about it in class last year.
Waiting for the barbarians is set in a fort near a desert. The time and place is vague and the descriptions just made me think of a campment like yours. The chief magistrate of the place is the main character.
I loved the book (powerful, meaningful, grabs you by the throat, unexpected, makes you think, well-written), but it doesn't exactly end well and it's got lots of violence in it (although I only remember against humans). So I probably shouldn't recommend it if that's not your thing.

Never heard of it, no... And it really falls under "forbidden territory" for me, apparently..

Well, not ending well is a big no-no (I mean, if we want that, there's the news, right?)... I have (usually) no problem at all with "human violence" in books/movies/whatever. It's with animals I can't deal with. Keeps me awake at night. There are lines I wish I could UNREAD and forget. I always jump those parts when rereading stuff.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 23:59:34 »

Sure! :)
(I wonder how good you are at putting away stuff....  0)   :P )

I am excellent and you would be impressed (at how well I could tell you what you to do).  ;)

Offline Hallensis

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 19:01:08 »
This looks soooo good, very realistic. Really every part of it, is like there is a story behind !!!
Well done, Tahra !! :roman:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 11:17:30 »
I like the buildings, great designs!

Now I am curious what you would make of it if it where a diorama to be put down for a longer time though.  :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 11:35:04 »
Cool stuff, tahra. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 17:41:07 »
This is great, I like very much the way you have build it !!! The idea with the small towers after of every arch and with the ladders was fantastic!!! I love it!!!! :love: Many thanks for sharing tahra!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Cloud Strife

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 20:41:57 »
Awesome fort and layout!  I especially like the enfilade view of the watchtowers in part6.  The wall archers and sentries are well protected from the grumpkins.  Also the cats photobombing everything - especially the white cat skittering away from the rolling barrel  :P