Author Topic: Playmobil 5393  (Read 2314 times)

Offline jsllee

• Playmo Pal
Playmobil 5393
« on: September 07, 2017, 16:56:29 »
Hi everyone, I just bought 2boxes of the 5393; and realised that the top shoulder decor is painted instead of detailed.
Could I ask - for those of you who had previoously purchased 5393; was it detailed or was it just painted over?

What I meant was - the epaulet arm. instead of nice bulging details at the top of the shoulders; mine was just simply painted over.

I had written to Playmobil; and am still pending their reply.
Thank you very much.

Regards
Lee

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Playmobil 5393
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 17:29:45 »
Hi jsllee. It would be helpful to know to which of the three figures you are referring- all of them perhaps? And if you can post photos of the figures you have, that would be helpful to compare with playmoDB's photos here.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 17:46:11 »
Apparently that was common when the first roman sets came out.. Did you buy that MIB?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 18:21:29 »
Apparently that was common when the first roman sets came out.. Did you buy that MIB?

I thought that issue had come up before.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 00:51:51 »
I have this set, and all six figures have the normal, moulded arms. The shoulders are not painted but rather are moulded from two colours each (red and brown or red and silver).

Also, please note that I moved this topic to the Report & Review board. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline jsllee

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 09:13:37 »
Hi everyone, thanks for the reply..it actually affects all 3 types of soldiers.
And yes I bought it MIB and when I opened it up from the box, that's what I got.

Sorry but was just wondering if it had happen before and it's common, what was the resolution?

Just FYI I went back to the shop and since I am a regular there; the counter staff actually went to check the demo set presumably sent from Playmobil Germany and it was detailed; all 6 of them. She then proceed to open up 3 more boxes and the verdict is:
1. First box was found all 6 having painted arm
2. Second box was found with 5 figures with painted arm, except the Legionnaire
3. Third box was found with 5 figures with painted arm, except the Centurian.

Clearly this is a mistake during production and packing I would think.
I am still waiting for new from Playmobil...so far no news.
I may follow up with a chaser this coming week. thanks everyone.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 23:38:54 »
Given that the arms aren't painted but are moulded using three different colours, what do these painted arms look like? If the straps (pteruges) are painted then it isn't a mistake, they would have had to set up a machine especially to do that as no current paint job has that effect. Maybe they're trying to cut corners by painting instead of using a three part injection mould and hoping no one will notice?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 00:51:32 »
Or maybe there was a problem with the moulding equipment and so Playmobil printed (not painted) the parts instead until the moulding equipment could be repaired.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 03:00:30 »
Yeah late in the first Roman theme this happened, I have a few figures with the painted pteruges and they look ridiculous. A lot of people complained at the time and I think there were returns and so on. It's not a mistake so much as just a decision probably based on cost or sourcing or that mold was in use that day and they didn't think it's a big deal. If I was you I'd contact customer service and get them all replaced.

I'll try to dig them out and take a pic tomorrow.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 21:26:34 »
Yeah late in the first Roman theme this happened ... A lot of people complained at the time and I think there were returns and so on.

Correct. And since then, personally I´ve never seen it or heard about it again.
I also never heard anyone mentioning the issue resurfaced with the new sets, until this reporting. Very strange...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!