Author Topic: Help on 3533 road roller  (Read 2325 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Help on 3533 road roller
« on: December 31, 2017, 15:23:28 »
With plans in hand for building a railway layout under way, I have been investing in some extra Playmobil for infrastructure work.

One item I have just bought is a 3533 road roller.  It is in very good condition, although lacking the original stickers.  However, I have at least temporarily used some from the skip truck set which work quite well, as can be seen in the photos.

The last photo is the one I  would like help on, please.  What i the purpose of the two holes in front of the driver's compartment?  Looking at pictures of the set and the Klickywelt photos of the parts of the set, there seems to be nothing to go in the holes with any sensible purpose.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Help on 3533 road roller
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 18:31:27 »
I really don’t think that there was a purpose. The pictures of it on the box don’t show anything there.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 20:33:51 »
I really don’t think that there was a purpose. The pictures of it on the box don’t show anything there.

Which is why it's a puzzle - I wondered if they were for a small aero screen as used on old fashioned sports cars in case the roller driver suddenly had to rush to another job!  :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 21:42:45 »
You could always stick an umbrella in there to give the driver some shade (it’s a hot job after all)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 22:25:07 »
You could always stick an umbrella in there to give the driver some shade (it’s a hot job after all)

:lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 23:07:19 »

:lmao:  True.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 10:51:18 »
I have also noticed holes on other vehicles (e.g. Formula1 car 3038) which have no apparent function. Sometimes they are shown holding a walkie-talkie. Sometimes the part was used in another set where the hole does have a function.

None of this helps explain your holey roller, Playmofire!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 11:46:10 »
I have also noticed holes on other vehicles (e.g. Formula1 car 3038) which have no apparent function. Sometimes they are shown holding a walkie-talkie. Sometimes the part was used in another set where the hole does have a function.

None of this helps explain your holey roller, Playmofire!

Do you mean the ones either side of the cockpit?  They're for refuelling the car at pit stops (although I'm not sure two would be needed in real life).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 12:44:07 »
Here are two uses for the holes:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 15:26:00 »
Haha! My umbrella idea (which I have seen done in real life)