Author Topic: 4884 - Playmobil Crib  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
4884 - Playmobil Crib
« on: December 20, 2010, 20:04:04 »
So here's a review of the new PM crib: I had the old one already ... but I wanted the new one too  :love:

Contents of box:

This new crib has a solid plastic base, which the old one didn't. I quite like the idea, and I also like the fact that it now comprises two 'rooms' in which baby Jesus can shelter from the elements. The only cardboard element in this new set is the backdrop - I would still like to see a totally plastic crib one day, because cardboard ends up dog-eared once you put the crib away. Still, at least it's a move in the right direction.

Both the donkey and the cow are new-style. I think I prefer the old ones. I like the manger however - it now looks more 'mangery' if you see what I mean, especially the base. I also like the two klickies. The only think I don't like is the fact that Joseph has no collar accessory: I hate that because without the support of a collar, a klickie's beard starts to flop about his face.

Accessories. There's also a couple of doves and a rat included. The old set, on the other hand, had two cats and also a goat, which was better imho. The lantern lights up. A bit pointless I would say, but who am I to argue with the designers of the set?

This is almost the same as the old shepherd. He's ok. Three sheep is a little bit too tightfisted for my liking however. At least you can get an extra bag from DS.

The angel. I think the old one's wings were different. I don't like the way the halo fits on its head: it keeps falling off. Oh well.

There is also a new Three Kings set, which I didn't buy: my wife put her foot down at that point, telling me: what are you going to do with SIX kings? (I have the old set already). Which is fair enough  ::) ::) ::)

There's a great Birth of Jesus diorama to be made with the inclusion of other such character as well as Roman soldiers etc. Anyway: Merry Xmas guys!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 20:17:08 by Bolingbroke »
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: 4884 - Playmobil Crib
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 20:23:27 »
Thank you Bolingbroke! I really like this set. I love the new Mary and the angel wings.
The new lantern is great too.... at least I haven't seen it before.
The modern axe is a bit off for me... I don't like it in the manger...
The plastic floor is really an improvement.  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 20:24:54 »
Now I have to get BOTH sets. :lol:
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 20:28:44 »
Thank you for the great review and pictures Bolingbroke!!

I think I like this set better than the previous one!! Ilkie the klickies better, and stong plastic base makes it easier to move around and the angel design is very nice!!! I got the new Three Kings set but the klickies are stored at a box somewhere...let me see if I can dig them out and, if is ok with you, post a pic of them here, just to give you an idea!

Great review once again!! Oh and I love the lantern!!!  ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 21:38:41 »
Nice review, Bolingbroke - thank you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 21:58:57 »
Wonderful set, thanks for all the the information and great pictures, Bolingbroke. 
Joe  :xholly:
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 22:03:27 »
Thank you for the very informative review Bolingbroke! Another one to be added to my want list :wall:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 01:55:03 »
Great review....thanks for sharing the pics! I love the lantern and I really like all the pieces it comes with. Does anyone know when it will make it to the US market?

Cheers  :xmascheer:
Jenna
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 02:13:00 »
I think it's really cool that the lantern lights up! Nice touch. Thanks for the review!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 07:53:46 »
Thanks. I really think that PM should expand its religious theme - not that I am particularly religious myself - but it does result in great sets. If you look at Noah's Ark for example, it's one of my favourites, even in its PM 123 incarnation.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."