Author Topic: 5827 Roman Blister pack  (Read 7095 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5827 Roman Blister pack
« on: November 05, 2008, 18:26:03 »
Well i was starting to get a little worried with the pace of the new Target releases and was contemplating taking Gepetto's kind offer to open up a supply line . I headed to our local target to check on the mentioned sale last night and to my surprise " The Roman Blisters have invaded California" :confetti: I have been waiting for them and now i can expand the troops @ one hell of a brgain.

The Centurion is quite a handsome feller . With his golden breast armor down to his green pin stried attire he is very welcome in the collection . Seeing as i plan on getting more of these packs i will have to figure out a way to not have an overly ranked army . I will plan on trying to turn this klickie into either a statue or civilian, but probably both and other ideas  .

The other Klickie is a very nice soldier . I have never had the green shield and was a bit skeptical of it but now that i have it in hand i can say it fits nicely in with the troops .

Over all at $2.49 & with the amount of accessories i can not find reason for complaint . I know this is just the older specials ( 4632 & 4560 ) but they are very well designed figures . Even thought i may have preferred Playmobil to make some new Klickies i was not wanting to be gouged on Ebay for the older version especially at the quantity i would want .

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 19:47:56 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: 5827 Roman Blister pack
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 19:29:42 »
Well I am glad the Romans finally arrived, and at such an oppourtune time ($2.49)!!

Your photos are excellent Rasputin, thank you.

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 19:40:07 »
I am the one who should be thanking you . Thank you  :wow: for offering to get these sets to people who did not have immediate access to them & for the sale info .

The pictures were outside under out new covered porch . This amount of light is even in the middle of rain storms so i was able to use no flash ( one accidental ) and still have good lighting .

The sale you mentioned was very useful . I am planing on going back and getting rain checks on the new dragon set ( reg $19.99 sale $13.99 ) and use the 30% off for my next playmobil target purchases  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 20:06:20 »
Great review, Rasputin,  Thanks.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 05:37:53 »
I only have one Roman ship, but I am using the green shielded Romans as Roman Marines.

-- Donmobil

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 20:06:22 »
Notice on the red-sleeved Roman's chest the V-shaped impression / cut / canal / gash across the chest paint (visible in Ras's picture).

All my Romans have this same production scar--whether the ones that came from Gepetto or the recent ones I got at the local Target.

-Tim

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 20:16:30 by Timotheos »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 20:15:03 »
yes i now see that ??? i will take a close up to show it better .

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 21:47:11 »
Here is a picture with out obstructions . Maybe those Romans just can not leave the Egyptians alone in the factory at night   ;)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 21:59:40 »
or is it the flow of plastic during the casting process?

I've been pondering about that as well.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:50:13 »
That's not only "visible" at the romans but also on other figures. I recognized this before (if I remember correctly at female bodies) when polishing the figure for removing the imprints with steel polisher. The liquid and the loosen color "accumulates" in this v-shaped scar so it becomes more visible in contrast to the polished shiny, color-free surface. I also assume it's from production (maybe the connecting edge of two mould-pieces).