Author Topic: 5759 Big Safari Set - Question on structual integrity  (Read 4906 times)

Offline portside3seat

• Playmo Pal
5759 Big Safari Set - Question on structual integrity
« on: August 28, 2008, 18:01:03 »
After putting together the house/hut for 5759, I was wondering if the triangular butresses (for lack of a better word) code is 30 03 9750 were simply there for looks as they don't click in and stay very well (if you move the house on a table, some of them fall off even after trying to get them in place a few times) and the house stands upright with out any of them at all. 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 5759 Big Safari Set - Question on structual integrity
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 18:48:14 »
Not having the set, can you describe/show where they fit?  Then I think their role may be clearer.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 19:38:44 »
I used to have the old safari station 3433 years ago, & from what I can remember, the corner posts were a 4 way connector that had 2 of the base lattice supports going into them, & 2 of the triangle supports you are referring to on each corner of the building. They don't have an actual purpose as far as structural strength is concerned, but from what I can remember, the triangle supports in question seemed to fit snugly into the 4 way connector posts. I don't recall them falling out of place constantly, but it has been along time since I've had that set!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 20:37:11 »
Yes they are just for looks. They do fit snugly though, I'm surprised yours are falling out. They are the ones on the corners of this building:

Offline starhorse

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 22:07:22 »
Wish I could find one of the sets with that house.  I'm kicking myself for not buying one last year.  It was readily available on Target.com

Offline portside3seat

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 22:24:03 »
I love the vulture.

I am so impressed with the quality of your photos!  I just switched from 35mm to a D-SLR and have yet to try out the macro settings.  As this is being played w by a 5 and 3 year old, I think I will just put the pieces aside (I really tried to get them to stay in) and plus it takes up less room on the playtable.  Hopefully the thought of this plan of attack this does not make too many people cringe:) 

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:11:49 »
Wish I could find one of the sets with that house.  I'm kicking myself for not buying one last year.  It was readily available on Target.com

If I may also kick you  ;), I got one within the last two months off eBay, after Richard featured his one in a thread, oddly about stuff he didn't like. Happily this was the example he DID like, and I couldn't wait to get one.

I still haven't had room/time to assemble mine, but it's waiting patiently like a crock of gold for when I am ready.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 08:07:24 »
Thanks for the picture, Tim.  I see where they are now - I had imagined them as roof or fllor supports.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”