Author Topic: Playmobil and Faller E-Train  (Read 36501 times)

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
Playmobil and Faller E-Train
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:32:40 »
I have recently discovered Faller's E-Train. They are very adaptable to Playmobil. The trains are much smaller than Playmobil's but the figures fit nicely with them. Unfortunately they stopped making them in 1986 (I think?) so they are hard to come by. I have a gallery with a small Faller train running with some Playmobil parts.

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/album/thumbnails.php?album=52

There are a bunch of sets that go with E-train (Playland, Autoland, Playtrain). I'm sure some of you are familiar with them. Here's a good link if you want to see more,

http://www.xn--gunnar-grbel-djb.de/html/faller/ueber.html

It's in German but translates nicely through yahoo. There are alot of great pics that show equipment that was available and stuff that's been customized.

What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Playmobil and Faller E-Train
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 12:46:39 »

Hello, Steve ...  :wave:

GREAT PHOTOS !!!

Thanks for sharing your Faller E-Train with us! (And, thanks for the link! I never can find our Gallery) ... ;)

It's been a long time since I've actually seen one ... Do they run on O Gauge tracks? Are the tracks the same as the ones used for Lionel? I really like that Denver and Rio Grande train!

I bought Faller's Autoland a long time ago thinking that I could use it with Playmobil. I still have it up at our summer house. I'll need to look for it when we get back to Canada.
see attachment

Thanks again, Steve.

All the best,
Richard
Edit: forgot the word "at" ...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:58:43 by Richard »

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:48:06 »
Thanks for the compliment Richard. The pictures became darker as I lost my evening light...The E-train sets are DC and run on 2-rail O scale track. I don't have any of this so I converted the 3-Rail track that I had by isolating one of the outside rails on each section.

I found out that the D&RG set was available through Walthers in the 80's. It's basically a repaint of some of Faller's other sets. They show up on Ebay from time to time.

Your lucky to have the Autoland sets! They are hard to find. So far I have managed to locate the depot and nothing else. The buildings are a bit small for klickies but the trains could be used with a Playmobil setup. All of the sets come unassembled on sprues like a model kit! They seem like proto-versions of early Playmobil. It's too bad Faller stopped production. I'd love to see what you have if you ever dig your sets up. I'll post some more pics if I find anything else.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:01:36 »

As soon as we get our schedule set for when we're going to return to Vancouver Island, I'll let you know. I've got lots of train stuff that you might enjoy seeing.

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 19:24:46 »
Hi,

thx for the link , very interesting.

The company FALLER are only a few kilometer from Freiburg !

Very interesting Tracks you have !! hmmm

ok here another interesting link

ENJOY !!

http://alobs.al.funpic.de/Faller/Faller.htm

have a look at the catalouge page !

http://alobs.al.funpic.de/Faller/ETrain.htm

world greets

Andi

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 04:21:09 »
Hello Andi,
Thanks for the link. I actually have that site bookmarked already. I love the catalog scans! They're invaluable for identifying sets. It's too bad these toys are so hard to find in the U.S. I notice there is quite a bit available through the EBAY.de website.

As for the tracks...well, I was improvising. I've recently spent a large pile of cash on LGB track so I didn't have any budget for 2 rail O Scale. I ended up modifying some decrepit 3 rail track from MARX. It actually works great. I'm not sure how I would do the switches. That's another project I guess.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:33 »
Here was one i saw . It looks like it must have been a battery powered one .

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 00:31:08 »
Hi Rasputin. Thanks for the link. I was actually watching that one on ebay already. PlayTrain was battery powered. The locos are the same as e-train, just with a battery box instead of a motor. I have been seeing a small amount of e-train stuff pop up on Ebay lately. PlayTrain seems to be harder to find.

This is the US Ebay site I'm referring to. I have found lots of great e-train auctions on the German Ebay site...

I've managed to get a hold of a good amount of e-train equipment. I have enough track for a small layout now. I'm thinking about setting something up in the Spring after the Christmas layout comes down.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 01:26:25 »
It sounds like you keep an eye out for them . Was $60 a decent price for a new set like that ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 04:33:53 »
I have been on the lookout lately...and I do think that was a pretty good price. I forgot about the auction end time so missed the final battle for it. I would have gone a bit higher.

My favorite piece so far has been the red E-train railbus. I have managed to find two of them (with boxes) and they are really fun to watch and play with. Here's a link that shows some of the equipmnt. The railbus is 3827, 3838 is unpowered.

http://alobs.al.funpic.de/Faller/Prospekte/Faller83_3.jpg