Author Topic: 5266 CHILDREN'S CLUB WITH DISCO  (Read 3911 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
5266 CHILDREN'S CLUB WITH DISCO
« on: February 17, 2013, 18:39:56 »
Thanks to Walter who kindly brought this back from Malta for me, I set up the Children's disco set today so thought I would do a review to share. Quite a long review I'm afraid, but I have tried to cover everything.

First a view of the box

and the contents

the klickies - I like these, I think they are all new.

closer views of some of the accessories and building parts

The part with the battery compartment - it takes 4 AA 1.5v batteries

The stickers - I think it's time to get out the tweezers  :)

what I hadn't noticed straight away was that the removable floor piece had stickers on two sides so it is reversible

Starting to put it together, I am pleased to say that there were only 16 yellow connectors in the whole set, the other pieces that clip together are moulded in place

Adding the back panel - the two oval shaped areas are where the speakers are

Attaching the side pieces and the disco ball.  There are three flashing lights on each side.

and then the roof

The floor panel which is reversible can be glittery on one side, for use as a disco and has a game on the other side - I suppose for when it is the kid's club.  The parts for the game and the dice are all included, no instructions, but it seems straightforward, a bit like Ludo.

One thing which I thought would have been useful is a crate to hold all the game pieces when they are not being used, so I added one - I'll look out one in a brighter colour later.

All complete - because I don't want to use it as part of a hotel set up, I left off the 'Hotel' stickers which go on the outside walls.

An ipod can be attached to the disco unit with a lead that is supplied.  It connect to a socket in  the side of the building

Here it is attached to the ipod and with the disco in full swing  (playingThe Bieber of course  :lol:)

The controls  (four buttons)  for the disco unit are situated on the top, at the rear end of the roof.  There are basic instructions as to what the buttons do, but I could manage to work them!

The first and from a parents view, probably the most important, is the Off button!

The second button controls the lights - press once for the disco ball and twice for the disco ball and the flashing lights on the side.

The third button is to start a pre recorded tune (percussion and computer generated sounds is the best description I can give  :lol:) press again for a different tune.

Button four controls the volume - just two settings.

I found that when the ipod lead is attched, the pre recorded tunes won't play so I had to remove the cable.  I was hoping to leave it attached so that it didn't get lost.

The lights are very good, they seem to stay on for about three minutes - it looks great in the dark!
As far as I could see, the pattern of the lights at the side seem to respond to the music playing on the ipod, but not sure if it was the beat or the volume that made the difference.  The sound coming through from the ipod was not as good as from the ipod itself and there was some interference if the ipod was on full volume, but from a child's point of view it probably isn't bad.

All in all I think it is quite a good toy, I found it fun and will be useful for what I want if for.
James was pleased with it and is going to be in charge of the music it is going to play in our forthcoming exhibition, so he's very happy about that!

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5266 CHILDREN'S CLUB WITH DISCO
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 19:05:48 »
Thanks for the review :)

Not on my list, unfortunately.. but the other one is!

Is the woman training the kids to jump through the loop? ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 19:18:53 »
very nice review of an interesting set. I think we will add it to the hotel seeing as we will be getting the rock concert stage as well.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 19:39:15 »
Great review, Elaine.  Loved the shots as it all went together.  Takes me back to the discos of the 70's . . . ah the good old days.   :lol:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 20:25:26 »
Thanks for the review, Elaine.

Please could I have the klicky part numbers - useful additions to the beach scene for the future.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 20:26:20 »
Please could I have the klicky part numbers - useful additions to the beach scene for the future.

Indeed! Shame they don't have naked torsos!

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 20:27:23 »
Thanks for the review Elaine. It looks very interestimg set, indeed.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 21:48:49 »
Looks like a fairly innovative set with some good features, I'm sure the board game and ability to play your own music or preprogrammed tunes will appeal to kids, the klickies look quite as nice as well  :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 21:53:17 »
This is definitely an interesting new set. :lol: Thanks for the review.
~Pynedor~

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 22:11:36 »
Great review Elaine - love the lights.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda