Author Topic: Hotel (5265), accessories (5270, 5271, 5268) and extra floor (5269)  (Read 17841 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
I decided I could use a treat so I went to get the new hotel 5265 and some related sets today.

For a while I had been in doubt wether or not to buy them, because of all the pink and fuschia colours. The front of the box, showing the inside of the hotel, reminded me of a Barbie dream house. But then I took a good look at the front of the building (with the balcony and palm trees, resembling a Californian hotel) and I was sold  :)

I went to toystore Bart Smit (Belgium) and payed 99 euros for the hotel - it has a similar price in the Belgian PM webshop: 101 euros. That's expensive but it's a pretty big building with some nice details and it comes with lots of accessories.

This is my haul  8-) I could choose four clickies to take home with my purchases, because of some special deal in the store. That was a nice bonus. I got a Roman soldier for Dimitris, a gardener with plant, a pirate with one leg and what looks like a hobo with a cool hat (it has wholes in it).

The bell-boy has a very nice cart that would fit with the Victorian theme as well IMO

The cleaning lady has a pretty uniform and I like all the accessories (vacuum cleaner, iron, foldable ironing board, a device to unplug the toilet  ;D)

The hotel shop (5268) is my favourite set: so many trinkets! I've never seen these postcards before and the deck of cards is a very useful item. It comes with a enormous amount of coins (must be a lucrative business  :)). I forgot to take pictures of all the items inside, but I'll post some photos later of the hotel fully furnished.

And then the huge system-X building... The box says it takes 90 minutes to assemble it, and that is a lie. It took me over two hours and my fingers are still a bit sore from pushing a hundred white plastic pieces into a hundred tiny little holes. Such fun, such fun!

Luckily it looks amazing, especially from the outside.

And then there was another floor to assemble   ;D I couldn't resist taking the extra floor. My clicky town is now ready to accommodate the rich and famous. Don't you just love the bottle of champagne and the golf clubs? Don't like the rock star clicky, though.

A very nice touch: if you'd want to add even more stories to the building, you could use the extra stickers with room numbers reaching up to 501.

And this is what it looks like in full:

I'm very happy with my purchases and the hotel will fit in perfectly with a beach or holiday diorama. The only negative things is the colour: I don't like the pink walls, beds and carpets. Has anyone ever stayed in a hotel with Barbie-pink beds?
And I didn't use some of the stickers: no pink logo, to keep the counter and reception desk more versatile. And no stone-type floor stickers in the bathrooms. They look odd, IMO.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Hotel (5265), accessories (5270, 5271, 5268) and extra floor (5269)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 23:11:11 »
I like it, not the colors but the overall design look of the hotel. Thanks for sharing.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 23:13:50 »
Here are some pictures of the inside of the hotel.

The pool is something I've wanted for quite a while, and I decided that a hotel like that simply needs a pool to go with it. Welcome to my very first Speedo-dad clicky  :lol:

The breakfast room looks great with those big windows and the buffet layed out. I really like the capuccino machine (hadn't noticed it on the box). For some reason, there was only one table for two clickies. I thought that was a bit sad for the family of four in room 101  ::) I managed to squeeze another table in there, using smaller ones from the rooms upstairs.

I really like the blonde cleaning lady's hairdo. In this photo you can see the shop as well.

Rooms 101 and 102:

And the master suite:

Oh, I hadn't mentioned the elevator before. It works, but it's open on one side and it has no roof.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 23:39:54 »
Oh, this is so awesome, Birdie! Wow, what a treat. :o Thanks for all the really great pics of the details. The capuccino machine is fantastic, I hadn't noticed either! Nice touch! The pink is really annoying of course. ::) I will probably be using some paint on the roof pieces and the bedframes to de-Barbie-fy it. And I'm the same way with stickers as you, I save them but I never use them. They make it harder to re-purpose pieces. Nice to see the pool put with it, too, that's a must for any hotel, for sure.

One question, the maid that comes with the maid set, with the black hair... does she have the slightly darker skin tone like some of the women in the new F?gures? She looks a bit darker to me.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 00:05:13 »
Great review Birdie - I love all of this, despite the colour :love:
It will definitely be on the Christmas list.
One thing I do find strange though are the large windows in the bathroom!  :o

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 00:16:18 »
Congrats with your purchase, and thanks for sharing pics!

Totally not my league this theme, but I do have a question about the rockstar-guy in the hotel-set:

I see in your picture the figure has no rolled-up black sleeves as shown on the box and other official pics, but standard black short-sleeves... I assume he came like this, and you haven't customized him already?

Such a change from rolled-up to short sleeves - as opposed to the pics - was also the case with a male figure from the Hotel-bus, as I've read on Klickywelt
So, it seems it is probably not a one-off production-mistake, but it is an intended difference. Maybe to save a bit of plastic? Though the strap-with-button sleeves aren't completely right for klickies in historical scenes, I preferred them over the short sleeves for such use...
Or maybe Geobra is changing the mould to rolled-up sleeves without the strap-with-button, and so meanwhile they're equipping figures in a few sets with short sleeves??  ???  :crossed:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 00:20:57 »
One thing I do find strange though are the large windows in the bathroom!  :o

Well, that's all the rage around here, but not in hotels! Every house built for the last 20 years has a picture window over the master bathtub, and it isn't fashionable to cover them.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 01:14:21 »
If you do want a coffee I guess you will have to jump for it  :lol:

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, I like it more and more but will seriously consider painting it a neutral color so its not quite so SF
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 01:33:22 »
This is a beautifully done review.  :yup:  The pictures are top drawer and cover everything.  :)9  Thanks so much for posting them.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:52 »
Thanks a lot everyone! I had a lot of fun doing the review  :)

@ Bonnie: There are several clickies with a slightly darker skin tone in these sets:

The guy on the left is wearing a shirt with fluorescent orange stripes (instead of the red stripes as shown on the box). It looks aweful  :lol:
And Hadoque is right about the sleeves of the rockstar clicky. No rolled up sleeves, just short ones.

The roled up sleeves would have looked a lot better, but since I dislike his outfit entirely, I don't really mind.

@ Elaine: There's also a window in front of the showers  8} I've tried moving the bathroom furniture around, but it only works with the tub in front of the window. Let's assume there's nothing but the open sea ahead  :)