Author Topic: 30-60-3850 "Cargo stop mounts" in 3935 Flat Bed Truck Set - What for?  (Read 3852 times)

Offline core

• Playmo Fanatic
Included in the Construction Flat Bed Truck Set 3935 is the 4 stop mounts, and nothing noted in the instructions as to their use.  When I did a Playmodb lookup they pop up in the Western Train sets!

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+60+3850

Anyone has an idea of how are they supposed to be used in the Flat Bed?

-peter-
Peter

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 30-60-3850 "Cargo stop mounts" in 3935 Flat Bed Truck Set - What for?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:41:17 »
I think the name probably says it all - they go each end of a load on the flatbed such as a cable drum to stop it moving during transit.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 18:44:07 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 17:46:47 »
Thanks for the nudge - 3935 is now inventoried properly, just short a couple of pictures.

3935 - Flat Bed Truck
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 18:03:19 »
I bought the truck used so i ordered those stops as well . I know on the train car there is a plank that the wheel stops clip onto to hold them in place but on the truck they have no way of staying secure. If you figure something out let us know .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 18:45:26 »
I bought the truck used so i ordered those stops as well . I know on the train car there is a plank that the wheel stops clip onto to hold them in place but on the truck they have no way of staying secure. If you figure something out let us know .
Don't they go over the ridges in the flatbed?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 19:31:06 »
those ridges are about 1/32" . As soon as the truck makes a sharp turn or hits the breaks to avoid the train barreling down the tracks :omg: the weight of the load shifts the stops and away goes the load :0
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 19:45:06 »
those ridges are about 1/32" . As soon as the truck makes a sharp turn or hits the breaks to avoid the train barreling down the tracks :omg: the weight of the load shifts the stops and away goes the load :0
So they do go over the ridges, in both senses of the word.

Offline core

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:25:21 »
Thanks all for the suggestions ... the only place they seem to clip to is in lieu of the loading ramps, acting as a sort of wheel chock - that is until the Gigant driver accelerates forward a little, then they'll just flop down and let the cargo roll off the flat bed  ::)
Peter