Author Topic: Who are "Guests"  (Read 5914 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Who are "Guests"
« on: February 05, 2011, 17:10:18 »
I notice that most of the time there are twice as many guests as members on any given day?

are these computers searching, unresisted lookers, registered members who wish to remain anonymous, or a combination of all ? or is there no way of even finding out ?

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Who are "Guests"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 17:37:54 »
I notice that most of the time there are twice as many guests as members on any given day?

are these computers searching, unresisted lookers, registered members who wish to remain anonymous, or a combination of all ? or is there no way of even finding out ?

They are unregistered lookers. I believe if there are registered members who wish to remain anonymous,
there is a different message next to the number of users online. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 17:38:53 »
Or just people having a look at the forum!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 18:09:13 »
how come can there be 'guests' if you can't read the threads/see pictures unless you're a member? ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 18:33:39 »
You can read most of the forum as a guest; only certain areas are off limits. As for pictures, it depends on how you post the pic in the thread. Some of them are visible to non-members.

As far as members, if you are actually logged completely out, you will show up as a guest, and you will not be able to see members-only areas. If you adjust your settings so that you are hidden, you will show up in the who's online area as a hidden member.

I think it has been mentioned before that computers show up as guests sometimes, but I don't think that's usually the case. I think they are just guests who haven't signed up......yet.  ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 18:37:46 »
Sylvia said that they were likely mostly 'bots', here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4295.0

Damo :)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 18:38:07 »
Pictures attached can't be seen unless you're logged in.
Pictures inserted with the code (img .. /img) can be seen by anyone, even if not logged in.

(When I publish my stories, I give the link to friends, so that they can take a look, for example ...)
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 18:45:17 »
Yeah, I use image codes for my posts, just because it's easier, and I was once told by a new member that he had seen  pictures of something i had done and it was part of what prompted him to join.  ;D So I guess my pics can be seen by guests, which I don't mind at all. If you don't want non members to see your customs, though, you should probably attach the pics instead.

Thanks for the link, Damo. I knew something had been mentioned about this before, I just couldn't remember where.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 22:00:13 »
You can read most of the forum as a guest; only certain areas are off limits. As for pictures, it depends on how you post the pic in the thread. Some of them are visible to non-members.

As far as members, if you are actually logged completely out, you will show up as a guest, and you will not be able to see members-only areas. If you adjust your settings so that you are hidden, you will show up in the who's online area as a hidden member.

I think it has been mentioned before that computers show up as guests sometimes, but I don't think that's usually the case. I think they are just guests who haven't signed up......yet.  ;D

ahh ohh interesting
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 17:56:27 »
Thanks for the answers

If it is possible to see if they are bots would it be possible to see if the others are registered members who are not logged in or non resisted genuine guests ?

There are 450 resisted members  and a small percentage of active users. Also some very active users left due to trivial situations that were never resolved. These were large collectors so I hardly see how they would stop due to a spat

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: