Author Topic: Removing posts or topics  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Removing posts or topics
« on: January 13, 2015, 14:47:35 »
Wasn't there a rule I read that if a member left the forum and sent a request to have all their topics and posts deleted that this request would not be carried out?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Removing posts or topics
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 15:17:32 »
Yes, there is.

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12832.0

7a

I see that the Member Guidelines in the info section do not quite match those shown on the page above.  :-[
This is because the text for that page accidentally got deleted and when I reuploaded it I must have used an older version. Will fix it ASAP!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 15:38:57 »
I though a read that and this was not yet another senior moment.

But now I am confused, senile time  8}

7a.  Think carefully about what you are posting. Be prepared to stand by your words because they will remain posted as long as PlaymoFriends exists. Unless a post breaks rules concerning language, bigotry or personal attacks on other members, it will not be removed. Requests to delete accounts or remove a member's entire history of posts will be denied.

MOVED: Playmobil 4052 stolen
« on: Today at 01:01:47 AM »
This topic has been removed at the poster's request.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 16:57:17 »
Wasn't there a rule I read that if a member left the forum and sent a request to have all their topics and posts deleted that this request would not be carried out?

As far as I know the member has not left the forum. Have not been informed otherwise, that is.

I though a read that and this was not yet another senior moment.

But now I am confused, senile time  8}

MOVED: Playmobil 4052 stolen
« on: Today at 01:01:47 AM »
This topic has been removed at the poster's request.

The poster realised they had revealed too much personal information about themselves and wanted to protect their privacy.

There is a big difference between a request to remove posts because someone is leaving the forum and wants to eradicate their entire history and a request to remove posts for security reasons.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 22:14:03 »
I do not recall ever asking to have a topic removed entirely due to the rule but thanks for clarifying that we can if we need one to be, there have been many I would like to "go away"  for security of course :P

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 00:29:04 »
Yeah, eradicating a person's entire posting history wreaks havoc on threads they have posted in and especially ones they started. That's the reason for that little warning. It actually happens quite often that someone asks Sylvia to remove all their posts they ever made. But if there's a really good reason someone needs a specific topic or post removed that's different.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline marb2777

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 09:41:14 »

Hello Rasputin:

Im sorry i didnt see this post before, but Im here to answer your questions.

The reason why i asked Sylvia to delete my post was to avoid more troubles with the shipping companies as i wasnt allow to share the emails, and the details of the process.

It was complicated to cut off the emails of the conversation with the names of the companies involve, so i asked for the complete post.

The facts that I share with the group are true and I stand by what I said.
And NO. I wasnt aware of the RULE. But now I know.

Im really sorry for this.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:25:10 by marb2777 »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 14:22:30 »
I am very curious to why a gag order was placed on you? The company has something to hide? This issue you brought up is very important in this day and age. Also at the same time you brought it to our attention I too was waiting for a 4052. I quickly contacted the seller to get the tracking info and when I ran the number it said the box was delivered to VA while I'm in CA. Nooooooo   :o still waiting  :'(

Offline marb2777

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 15:42:33 »
OMG!! I really hope you get yours, in my case there is a email with a note, and first  I tried to read my post without login in, and when i realized that I been warned and I was totally exposed. Well enough is enough I didn't want to keep the fight.

In my case, nobody look for my "toy"  >:(  even the confirmation of delivery reads " left on the front porch on the right" mine is on the left  >:( well and I guess somebody actually got it and after opening the box,  :love:

:( i suggest you to contact immediately with the seller and start moving maybe your postman will actually try to find it. 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 16:21:18 »
In my case, nobody look for my "toy"  >:(  even the confirmation of delivery reads " left on the front porch on the right" mine is on the left  >:( well and I guess somebody actually got it and after opening the box,  :love:

You mean you got it?