Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199674 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1780 on: October 12, 2018, 12:03:45 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1781 on: October 12, 2018, 12:05:07 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1782 on: October 12, 2018, 12:06:41 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1783 on: October 12, 2018, 12:08:05 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1784 on: October 12, 2018, 12:11:02 »

I thank you so much for following the decoration of the front of the buildings park side and see you very soon for the designing and creating of the gardens  :wave:

I wish you all a great week-end  8-)

Karim

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #1785 on: October 15, 2018, 11:43:26 »
Worderfull stuff Lord Karim. Great to see this evolution over the years of your victorian collection. i always thought very highly of this gardener klicky and considered me a perfect klicky to a victorian theme/ set up despite his 20s/30s era apparel  but still eligible for sure for a victorian diorama. i am glad i got a few myself

Look forward to see more  :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1786 on: October 16, 2018, 10:35:13 »
Καλημέρα Σερ Τζορτζ  :wave:

I am so happy to catch up with you after all these years and see you around our favorite forum  :love:

Are you still a Porsche collector ? I cannot think of you without seeing a 911 in the background  :lol:

I too like the figure of Monsieur Firmin very much and he and Miss Periwinkle have been a fixture in all the making of my dioramas from day one and that is a decade ago  8}

Thank you so much for still following my little Victorian adventures dear Friend  :**:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1787 on: October 16, 2018, 11:08:17 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

As promised, I have the great pleasure of starting New Regent St's outside spaces decoration works.

Works started yesterday afternoon with the pedestrian alley along the grand department store shops and Mrs Applepie's restaurant and tearoom as well as the return of our friend Archibald, aka the Electricity Fairy who will introduce you to the principle of electrifying a diorama.

I had first considered buying wall hanging lanterns for the front of the buildings but the complexity of the architecture of the façades all different from the other could not allow me to create the visual unity I had in mind for lighting. These wall lanterns were as well quite expensive to purchase, so I had the idea of utilising the little wrought iron street lamps I used on my previous project of Return to Regent St which, punctually put along the façades of the building create quite a nice visual effect.

There are a few lighting methods for dollhouses amongst those a rather complex of assembling copper wires weld at the back of the structure with an almost invisible finish for perfectionists and the method I have successfully used for the past decade which consists of a transformer generating a 12 voltage energy to a multi points extension lead with a on / off switch upon which up to 40 mini light bulbs can be lighted from ( street lamps, table lamps, chandeliers, burning effect embers, festive lighted garlands, et. ). Additional extension mini cables can be added if needed.

I salute the longevity and the résistance of these little street lamps which had not been used since my previous project 3 years but which nevertheless worked to perfection from the first switched back on !

The below kit can light up to 40 mini lamp bulbs and costs around £25.00

I do not recommend using LED 3V battery operated lights due to their weak lighting ability, especially when creating street scenes ( street lamps, lanterns, etc. ). I remember my disappointment after buying a multiple set of LED 3V battery operated street lamps for my previous project which had barely no lighting ability apart from a very weak blueish light not convincing at all in regards of the initial cost.

I will never repeat enough times that introducing the Electricity Fairy to q diorama instantly brings a magical dimension to the ensemble.

I invite you to follow Monsieur Firmin and Miss Periwinkle in their outside works and the arrival of Archibald, the Electricity Fairy  :)

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for following my projects for so many years and I wish you all a great day  :wave:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1788 on: October 16, 2018, 11:17:30 »
Let There Be Light or the arrival of the Electricity Fairy on New Regent St !

I dedicate this litte episode to my Friend Daniela who has followed and contributed to my projects for the past 10 years with her one of a kind Victorian customs  :love:...

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1789 on: October 16, 2018, 11:19:50 »

Karim