Author Topic: 5948 Cannon boat review  (Read 7837 times)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
5948 Cannon boat review
« on: August 12, 2011, 21:58:07 »
Went to TRU today and they had the new pirate bastion and this boat.  I decided to get this boat because it looks like the bastion has the same klickies.  It is was 20 dollars which isn't that bad of a deal.  So here we go.

The color is different from the 4444 canon boat and the ghost pirate canon boat.  I'm glad to see that the stickers are left off giving you different options.

I believe the deck is a different color too.  I have my other boats packed away so I can't confirm.

All the holes on this craft have been filled with gold accesories.  The other boats didn't give you all the gold parts.

I like the all white sail!  It gives you options on what to use it for!  It connects differently than the other canon boats.

Bad pic quality but the flag staff is what is holding the sail on.

Here are the accesories that come with this boat.  I got an extra bayonet!  I needed one because one of my red coats packs were missing a bayonet.  That was a welcomed bonus!

Now this was in my klicky pack.  It looks like a half molded tricorn hat.  It is not on the instructions so I guess it was a mistake.

I like the klickies that come with this boat.  I didn't like the red boots but they are growing on me.  I know alot of folks don't like the red boots, but remember this is a kids toy.

For 20 dollars, I think it was a good deal. 

white sail

dislikes:
NO ANCHOR!  Come on PM, why can't we get a complete boat!
Also no lantern on the mast.  I know it has one on the back of the stern but I like them on the mast too!

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5948 Cannon boat review
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 22:09:56 »
Excellent review, Elric! I'm glad to know that Toys R Us has some of the new pirate exclusives in stores! It's too bad that it didn't include an anchor.
Ace  :brownhair:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 23:24:26 by Ace »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 22:16:42 »
What a great little set!! I love it!! Thank you for this wondeful review Elric!! Another set in the ''want'' list  ;D

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 22:37:31 »
I can confirm that this boat does in fact not have an anchor... but I love the red pants/knickers on the one sailor... :)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:39:44 »
Great review, Elric, of a very attractive looking boat.

I think the sail design with it billowing out as if the wind were behind the boat is new but I may be wrong.

It's a shame there is no bowsprit to finish the bow off, but maybe if the other versions have this it would fit.

The red boats are a question of taste, but I'm sure people would have red leather boots, but they'd probably be expensive and so not for the common people.

With the bowsprit and anchor, it would be the perfect small cutter for revenue work or troop landings.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:56:41 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 08:43:05 »
Hi Elric,

Many thanks for a great review. Not my theme, but I think this is a very nice set. There are various bits I wouldn't mind having, and this could be made into quite a nice medieval boat. What I really, really want is that flag!

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:10 »
Wow, thanks for this review!  :)
This set is a must-have!!

Is it a big box? (small boat could be in a big box with a lot of air) I'm thinking about the shipping-costs to Europe...

I can't really see the exact colour of the kneetrousers from the pics... (from the sailor with white scarf and red stripes on his chest)
Are these trousers red with white socks? Or are they a kind of darkyellow/brownish? And are his shoes black or brown?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:26 »
Thanks for the great review! I do like the white sail. I dont know if the red boots will ever grow on me (unless they were on one of santas elves etc!)
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 13:04:39 »
Wow, thanks for this review!  :)
This set is a must-have!!

Is it a big box? (small boat could be in a big box with a lot of air) I'm thinking about the shipping-costs to Europe...

I can't really see the exact colour of the kneetrousers from the pics... (from the sailor with white scarf and red stripes on his chest)
Are these trousers red with white socks? Or are they a kind of darkyellow/brownish? And are his shoes black or brown?

The box is 14x10x4 inches.  The trousers are red with white socks and the shoes are black.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 13:39:46 »
Elric, thanks for the review! I really like this little boat, and I really like the sticker designs, even if you have to apply them yourself. Playmobil is so small as it is, you have to learn how to develop a steady hand  ;) I really like the style of the lantern in the back but agree the ship should be a little more complete. Great review.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!