Author Topic: Small School 5923  (Read 7393 times)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
Small School 5923
« on: December 03, 2010, 23:28:02 »
Has anyone actually purchased the 5923 Small School?  The price being half of that of the full school seems to be a much better deal than the 4323 School.  In fact, you get one more figure in the small school.  Most of it appears to be the same but some seems to be different.  It doesn't appear to have the column with the small speaker and button, though.

Playmobil's website states it is exclusive to Toys R Us and with 20% off, it makes it an attractive item.  Just wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with it?

I wonder how easy/hard it would be to combine them.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Small School 5923
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:08:50 »
Well, I haven't bought either one, but I have gone to TRU and looked at the back of the box very carefully and researched part lists to compare the two. And I have decided to go with the small one. It is not as attractive; it doesnt have as many windows in front or as nice an entrance. And it doesn't have the bathrooms, which I would love to have. But there is an extra child, an oriental one, which is good because I'm trying to have more diversity in my zoo guests. And one of the teachers is black in the small school, but white in the big school (same clothes). Other than that it seems to have most of the same parts, skeleton, globe, etc.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:14:41 by bonniebeth »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 02:29:04 »
But there is an extra child, an oriental one, which is good because I'm trying to have more diversity in my zoo guests. And one of the teachers is black in the small school, but white in the big school (same clothes).

BB, if you're looking for figure diversity, why don't you order some add on figure sets like 7980 African/American, 7982 Asian, 7981 Mediterranean?

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 03:23:36 »
Yes, I already have those three sets, but I'm always looking to get more modern people. I've been known to buy sets just because I like the people in it. I need to just start sending off parts orders.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 03:45:26 »
I see! :-\
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 04:10:17 »
Thank you though.  :wave:

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 17:12:33 »
I bought this smaller version. I generally like it. I plan to get the large one eventually too to make a super-sized school with a proper cafeteria, playground, front office, gym.

Several of the wall pieces are actually made from the standard double window pieces but in white instead of clear. I ended up really liking those walls since they provide variety and a good place to put furniture. With these wall sections not all walls have to be either built-in shelves or windows. Sometimes you just want a blank wall. The shorter ones on the second floor actually look like a built-in white board when you apply the stickers above and below the middle sections. I really like that since all the modern schools in my district (I'm a teacher) use white boards, not chalk boards. I want to make little technology carts for the teachers too, like in our schools, that have laptops, document cameras, and projectors. Not sure what to use for those.

The small school is good too because while it is missing some of the accessories of the larger one, you do get all the new school related accessories. I'd say buy it, especially if you catch it on one of Toys R Us's good sales this time of year.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 17:17:01 »
That's a good idea point about those wall sections. I hadn't noticed they were so different. And its good to be able to make white boards; what school has had a chalkboard in the last 20 years?  I look forward to seeing pics of your 21st century school!

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 17:22:03 »
Oh yeah, one more good thing I noticed when putting this school together is that all the system X connectors are white instead of red (I think the larger one is like that too). The connectors don't stand out too much at the windows like in the hospital. It looks so much better this way.

Offline Aspie4Jesus

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 02:17:58 »
 :rudy:

I actually own the larger school.  I am a special education teacher myself.  I am hoping to find a classroom next year where I can display this set too.  I like Playmobil for it's realism.  I love how detailed this set is too.  I was able to get it under $155 at Ridgeroad Station Toys in New York.  I didn't have to pay for tax or shipping either.  I'm tempted to buy the small one at Toys R Us now because it would make a great addition to my larger school as a big school.