Author Topic: Part 30-29-3710 Clip with Loop  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Part 30-29-3710 Clip with Loop
« on: November 09, 2009, 22:47:01 »
A bit unusual, but here is a review of a single part. I don't have any pictures so if you haven't seen it in person I recommend a quick look at it over on PlaymoDB.
30 29 3710 - Clip with loop
You will notice that it is a new part, only available in the Egyptian series set
4246 Tomb with Treasure.

It's purpose is to clip onto the bucket handle so that the bucket can hang directly down without swaying to the side. Brilliant. A hook has been used in the past sometimes for a similar purpose but it tends to slide and not be really effective at spreading the load. A key point here is that the fact that it clips onto the bucket handle, meaning it is the same size as a Klicky hand. So it should easily fit any object that is sized to be held by Klickies.
This part has great potential for use in customization work. It would be much faster and sturdier than tying with the rope directly, and will properly distribute weight so items can hang directly down.

I was thinking it might have real use for the Rescue theme fans, and also in Adventure or Knight battle settings. I haven't tried ordering it from DS yet, but my recent experience with US DS is that most Egyptian series items are not currently in stock there.

Conclusion: It's a great new functional part, nicely designed, and with lots of future potential.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Part 30-29-3710 Clip with Loop
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 23:47:53 »
Hi Tierman  :wave:

Yes it is an odd review but this is indeed a great little useful part. When it works its way up my parts list and gets ordered I intend on using them for holding 2 buckets with the rubber strap (30 07 3849) and putting a stick in the middle. Similar to the old Klicky who was holding the 2 water jugs on her shouldersasp

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:43:29 »
Thank you for bringing this part to our attention Tim! I can see it being very useful id US/DS ever gets them in. It would have been easy to miss this part since it is available in just the one set so thanks again for reviewing it. :wow:

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:13 »
Thanks Tim.  I shall buy a few of those on my DS order this month and see what I can do with them.  What would be really useful and would save glueing stuff would be a connector like this:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-02-5190

but with a 90 degree turn so, for example, one end could be attached to a vertical post and the other could then hold another piece at right angles.  (I hope I've explained that clearly enough, although reading it through it doesn't seem so.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 13:42:48 »
Thanks Tim.  I shall buy a few of those on my DS order this month and see what I can do with them.  What would be really useful and would save glueing stuff would be a connector like this:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-02-5190

but with a 90 degree turn so, for example, one end could be attached to a vertical post and the other could then hold another piece at right angles.  (I hope I've explained that clearly enough, although reading it through it doesn't seem so.)

I know exactly what you mean and that would be very helpful!

Gepetto