Author Topic: 5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse  (Read 10568 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:06:05 »
These are the only two horses of this series I have so far. I am going to do them together in this one review.

First the 5107 set

The Knabstrupper set is put together as a training set with a lead halter and a whip thingy.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:03 »
The horse is a nice one and I like the colors a lot.

I just noticed that for some reason I have an old style head halter on in this image and the old style saddle, you can see it doesn't fit quite right.

The Klicky is also nice. I really like the boots with the side straps, I guess those would be some sort of spats

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:14:19 by Tiermann »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:08:24 »
Here is the 5109 Haflinger set, it's clearly a riding set with all the usual tack for that

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 06:10:15 »
The Haflinger is a nice color, but those keys at the hoofs when seen on the inside bug me a bit. It's not noticeable on the all white Knabstrupper

The Klicky in this set is also a good one and seems very much right for a working rider, she reminds me a lot of the women with horses I have known here in Oregon.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 06:13:14 »
Here is an oldest type saddle and the equestrian saddle that both fit the older horses, and on the right the new saddle style to fit these new horses

And here is the head part of the tack the old style on the left and hte new style on the right

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:33 »
Here is a break down of the stall parts. Pretty simple construction and quite sturdy when together. It doesn't take up much space for storage when flattened.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:16:36 »
Here is the 5107 complete set again

and the 5109

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:39 »
Finally here is a shot of the stalls next to each other and seen from the outside.

When first seeing the sets in the catalog I didn't like the stall that much and it obviously brings the price up for the set. Having had them now in person I have completely changed my mind. I love the stalls and think they work great. With 2 of the six stalls in red and two green you can be sure they will be showing up one day as reindeer stalls at Santa's castle.

I am still undecided about the horses. They are very different and take some getting used to. I didn't like the second version horses much when they first came out but adjusted to them fine over time. I'm sure once I get more used to seeing this style it will seem more natural. Clearly from the new pony farm series coming out they have committed to going this route for horses in the near future.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 07:57:03 »
Thank you for these pics, Tim! Not really interested in the whole set, but it would be nice to get a few of those horses from DS.

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:14:34 »
Tim
Thank you for the wonderful farm set reviews, they are so detailed, and I love your style.  It is interesting how the animals have evolved, with curved bodies and eyes, it does seem to give them more character, the brown bunny seems to be looking at you, the cats are more cat-like around the klicky legs.  Looking forward to seeing the expansion of the reindeer stalls next Christmas. 
kaethe