Author Topic: Hello from playmofire  (Read 10901 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: Hello from playmofire
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 19:52:44 »
Hi Gordon,

Now that I have introduced my self, it's nice to see that you are visiting here too.

Garry.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 00:47:59 »
Hi Richard,  :wave:, nice to see you here!

Hello, Gordon ...

Great to see you here as well! Looking forward to visiting with you often here at Playmofriends.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 17:21:38 »
Welcome Gordon!

I've always been impressed by your knowledge on fire engines.  :) What's your opinion of the Hook and Ladder Fire Engine 3781? I've been tempted by that one on eBay lately. Some MISB ones go for pretty reasonable prices.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 17:42:29 »
Looking forward to seeing you here, too, Richard.  I must renew my acquaintance with GW; I haven't had time to visit there for sometime.

Hi, Robbie.  Thanks for the welcome; it's good to meet up with you again.  The answer to your question is "Buy one!"  I'd say it's equal best Playmobil fire engine with the 3880.  The 1970s livery of dayglo orange and white is exceptionally striking.  I've updated one and it's a first line appliance, with the 3879 ladder truck relegated to reserve.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 06:27:43 »
Which leads us to the ultimate question: If you could only own one fire engine Gordon  :o ...which would it be? (I'm looking to buy but can only get one...so I thought I'd ask the expert.)  :)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 07:40:35 »
I'll have to think about that one and ge back to you. :eh?:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 18:47:38 »
I'll have to think about that one and ge back to you. :eh?:

No rush. I thought that might be a tough question. Keep in mind I would like a good "general" engine and I tend to prefer the vintage sets (but certainly not exclusively.) Your help is appreciated.
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 17:19:21 »
Good to see you here, Gordon! :wave: I have missed you, my friend!

With all the old faces around here it feels less like a new board and more like a reunion of old friends, with the added bonus of having new friends joining as well - an excellent mix!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 19:11:31 »
Good to see you here, Gordon! :wave: I have missed you, my friend!

With all the old faces around here it feels less like a new board and more like a reunion of old friends, with the added bonus of having new friends joining as well - an excellent mix!

As you say, Cap'n, it's very much a reunion of old friends, wit new friends added.

It's good to see you indeed! :)