Author Topic: Crash Rescue Truck  (Read 17683 times)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
Crash Rescue Truck
« on: March 16, 2009, 19:58:21 »
Hello Everyone,

My newest custom vehicle is for the airport firehouse. It is based on the cab and chassis form the older green dump truck and the off-road racing trailer.

The cab features controls for the top mounted master stream so firefighters will not have to exit the truck in extreme situations.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
Re: Crash Rescue Truck
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 20:02:38 »
The truck features a large foam tank, a pre-connected handline on the drivers side, and a large masterstream on top for keeping a distance from burning aircraft.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 20:05:26 »
The truck has large chemical extinguishers and two smaller extinguishers located on the rear of the truck.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 20:07:17 »
The passenger side has a mounted pry-bar along with the original tool box.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 20:10:51 »
The truck has one firefighter assigned to it constantly, the other firefighters jump over from ladder or engine 2. The firefighters assigned to the truck also have proximity gear which deflects more heat than normal turnout gear.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 20:12:46 »
That's all I got. As always, your comments are much appreciated.

- Ben

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 20:40:29 »
A very neat and effective custom, Ben, with some nice detail touches.  I especially like the holders on the chassis for the branches on the side-mounted hose reels.  Thanks for taking and posting the pics.

(I'm in the process of refitting one of the 3178 fire trailers for normal fire fighting and it's interesting to see that we've thought along similar lines in places.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 20:41:47 »
You know Ben, you sure can make it hard sometimes, your customs are so seamless and natural that I alway expect to see a set number attached.  :yup: Although I do not profess any great knowledge of firefighting equipment (and have learned most of it on this forum) everything makes such sense and is so logically laid out that you know it is done well. :wow: Good design and craftsmanship just lets itself be known, it is an excellent vehicle and I thank you for sharing it with us. :wow: :wow:

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 22:34:01 »
Excellent custom Ben  :wow:! Gepetto has said it as well as I could have, so dittos! I like the close ups you have provided of this vehicle after seeing it in action @ the airport incident, another job well done  :)9!
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 20:04:14 »
Hello all,

This rig is the oldest in PFD's fleet. Recently some decals were added during routine maintenance.

Enjoy!

- Ben