Author Topic: New stuff 2019  (Read 20584 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: New stuff 2019
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2019, 19:33:06 »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pirate theme was axed for the forseeable, BUT they're hardly going to say to someone at the Toy Fair 'Oh, don't worry, we're having a huge relaunch of the pirate theme in March 2020 but please don't tell anyone'

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2019, 19:47:55 »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pirate theme was axed for the forseeable, BUT they're hardly going to say to someone at the Toy Fair 'Oh, don't worry, we're having a huge relaunch of the pirate theme in March 2020 but please don't tell anyone'
We may be proven wrong in March 2020  ;D but chances are 50/50. They are about to restyle the pirate theme in Zirndorf with two new ships and a lagoon which makes me wonder.
Cheers
Michael

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2019, 19:53:17 »
Btw, here is my "Michiel de Ruyter" custom. He´s more based on the movie then on the portrait I linked to.

:love:  I would never dream of such a use for Hiccup's torso (gorgeous parts, shame about the darn metal foot - and the odd boot on the other side, while I am at it)

They are about to restyle the pirate theme in Zirndorf with two new ships and a lagoon which makes me wonder.

That makes little sense to me if they planned to end the pirate theme.. then again, it's playmobil we're talking about, anything is possible, I guess...

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2019, 00:32:16 »
Great custom Hadoque!  :clap: :captain:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2019, 00:54:15 »
While we are on the topic of Funpark and released sets - the dino theme this last year has the temple structure in it - the same temple  there is a physical structure of in the Zirndorf Funpark right next to where they have the dinosaur land models. Coincidence it shows up in the related theme? I don't think so.
I do wonder if one of the new pirate ships at Zirndorf might end up being a version of the Chameleon in pirate mode?? And if there is a pirate ship in the movie that they might be doing as well?
Also - there are 2 series of figures with the Movie theme, might be plans for a second release of bigger sets next year as well if it goes over well enough. There are 3 series of Super 4 so far, though not a new one of those this year I notice.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2019, 17:26:06 »
Great custom Hadoque!  :clap: :captain:

I second that! <:> :cheerlead:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2019, 22:11:09 »
Not sure if images of the Movie Sets´contents are floating around (I try to avoid social media and FB in particular as much as possible), so here are a few backbox-pics.
(Sadly the pics weren´t large and also I had to shrink them to upload them here.)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2019, 22:16:20 »
I´d like to get multiples of the 3 pirates in set 70073,  but at an official price of 25 euro for the entire set ...  ::)
But maybe someone needs a lot of purple Roman chariots that come with a towbar at the back? I´d be happy to help out at 15 euro a piece  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2019, 22:28:50 »
Thanks for the pics, Hadoque!

(who was the idiot that thought we need a huge useless NEU on top of the klickys?! SPECIAL HELL!!!)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2019, 23:10:10 »
Thanks for the pictures, I’ll be getting a few of each

That street food AKA roach-coach looks great and is quite an improvement over the hot dog and ice cream trucks
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: