Author Topic: Joining the secret society...the PCC  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Joining the secret society...the PCC
« on: January 29, 2015, 20:30:21 »
I have noticed a number of members with the new title of "pcc member" under their name. Is that a designation one gets when they join the club or signs up for acess to "the room" Do we have to have that? I like what I have but am contemplating joining the secret room discussions. Can I join with out changing my profile?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Joining the secret society...the PCC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 22:54:34 »
Hi, Rasputin. Are you concerned that you may lose your custom title The Mad Monk if you were to gain the PCC Member title? I do not think this is the case. You can see that people who have custom titles retain them after the switch.

That said, I believe that this additional title is added when you are granted access to the Playmofriends PCC area of the forum. It designates that you are part of a member group on the forum, so as to allow access to that area.

I am not entirely sure how Sylvia has this secondary title implemented, as it appears that those granted it retain their original titles that are based on post count. I assume that access to the PCC forum here on Playmofriends is restricted to those within this member group, but it can be a tad confusing as, when viewing the member list, the Position field now displays this member group status in lieu of the member's post-based title.

Also, at the bottom of the main forum page in the Users Online section, the names of PCC Members are now of a different colour as well. These are, for reference:

Red - Sylvia
Green - Moderators
Blue - Members with more than 1000 Post Count (I believe)
Black - Members with less than 1000 Post Count (I believe)
Clickable Link (Colour May Vary) - PCC Members

I'm not sure whether any of this will help you, but you could try to ask Sylvia about something more specific.
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 00:13:01 »
Thanks Pynedor, it is helpful
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:28:49 »
I have to put people into a different membership group in order to provide them with access to the private PCC board. That is the only way it works

Can't actually call it a "secret" society when the group name is clearly visible on profiles, but it's a funny title for the topic. :) I can actually make it secret by hiding the new group name from view. I simply decided not to as I think that makes it easier from an administrative point of view. The mods can see at a glance whether or not members have been placed in the PCC group after submitting their requests.

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 15:55:13 »
I'm a PCC member. How do I join this exclusive group? Thanks!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 16:09:43 »
We'll just need a screenshot. These are the instructions:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14335.0

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 05:17:50 »
Thanks, Birdie! I'll work on gaining admittance tomorrow.  :wave:

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 02:24:57 »
Sent.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:25:37 »
Added to the list  ;)  You'll get access soon.

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 04:36:42 »
Thank you!