Author Topic: NEW Custom Fire Service Tool's  (Read 21392 times)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
Re: NEW Custom Fire Service Tool's
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 04:49:58 »
Hey Tim,

Great stuff as usual. I really like the details. We have vibrating saws over here too, except they're called saw-zaws or recipricating saws and are battery or electric powered. Yours looks pretty close to the real thing. :yup: I've seen it before, but what part did you use for the handle on that?
Also the pedal cutters, those are really neat. I like the blooks you made too. In the U.S. those are usually just blocks of wood called cribbing, and just as you said are stacked under something to keep it stable if something were to happen with the lifting equipment. Everything looks really good. Thanks for sharing these Tim

Ben

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 09:02:26 »
Hello  Ben  :wave:

Thank you very much indeed for the kind feedback and words of encouragement. I have sent you a private message answering your question about the saw. However for anyone else who would like to know the handle is part of the Playmobil ground monitor slightly customised. The pedal cutters are taken from the barbecue set, but do the just the job as a set of small hydraulic cutters.
Here is a picture of the ground monitor, thanks must go to here Heather for providing her great website http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-61-1980

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 16:47:14 »
Hello  All

I guess you are pretty fed up now of seeing my Rescue tools but i was left with a bit of a dilemma and after thinking it over i felt this was the best option for all.
As most of you know by now fire fighters from Ben's Fire Service are visiting on a training exercise. Before things could start they needed introducing to the New Equipment. It was the ideal opportunity for some pictures and as most of them demonstrate the New Equipment i thought i would put them here as an addition. There are a few detail shots giving a few pointers on how things were made as well. So without further ado here they are:

This first batch of Pictures show the heavy cutters, Spreader's and compressor. These have been modified to take an air line.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 16:49:53 »
This second set of pictures show a custom Heavy Cutter / Spreader made from the hedge trimmer. It couldn't be shown before as someone forgot to attach the handle for the picture ;D. This can also be connected to the compressor with an air line in the same way as the other tools above

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 16:51:55 »
Here are a few pictures of the hand pump and pedal cutter's being used by two of Ben's men.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 16:58:09 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 16:53:55 »
Finally here is a picture of one of Ben's men being introduced to the Vibrating Saw.

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to look at my pictures  :)9.

Kindest Regards Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 17:11:59 »
Thanks for the news and pictures, Tim.  Great photos and its good to see international co-operation between fire services.  And I for one am not tired of seeing your customs! :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 21:34:16 »
 :) These pictures are so lovely. The U.S. team seems to be quite interested in your tools.

Oh Tim, what ideas you always have: I really like your custom Heavy Cutter / Spreader -- what an idea.
I recognized the trimmer immediatly but what is the tool blade made from? Is it a PM part?!?

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 02:49:21 »
Hey Tim,   :wave:

Great pictures! It's good to see that my men have been trained on the best equipment available. I really do like the heavy cutter/spreader, I've always wondered what I could use the hedge trimmer for  ;D.  Did you use the hydraulic arm from the submarine for the spreaders? I always look forward to seeing your customs Tim, I've already made 2 airbags for my department  :) 

Thanks for sharing.

Ben

Would you like me to post some of my pictures on this page as well?

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 20:00:21 »
Hello  Gordon, Little Jo and Ben  :)9

Thank you all for the kind feedback on my latest pictures, it is very much appreciated.  

Little Jo:

The end for the new spreader was made using the hydraulic arm off the submarine. I also added a small connector in the handle of the hedge trimmer for the air line.

Ben:

The end for the new spreader is indeed the hydraulic arm off the submarine. I am planning on making one of these for your fire service, when complete its complete it will accompany your men back to the USA. I am glad you have been able to make some of the air bag's for your new Rescue Truck :). Did you figure out how to inflate them ?

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)