Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 202696 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 07:47:56 »
Thank you very much Joe  :wave:

Have a great Sunday !

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 10:07:43 »

Another masterpiece! :love: Miss Periwinkle and Monsieur Firmin certainly had to work hard for that glass of wine.  ;)

Thank you for showing how you create the beautiful scenery for your stories. Everything looks so pretty and neat!

The dollshouse accessories you've used really enhance the beauty of the mansion.  8-)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 10:10:17 »
Very beautifull once again Karim!!!  :love: :love:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 10:12:26 »
Absolutely incredible, Karim!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

It really is amazing and very talented how you make the scenary, and the Regent Street sign looks great :)9

Damo :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 10:18:54 »
Thank you so much for your comments Panos, Sylvia & Damo  :wave:

You really have made my day  :cloud9:

La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2010, 13:02:11 »
Awesome work Karim. I am really impressed with all the details you are adding. Looking forward to the next installment!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 20:23:28 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

Miss Periwinkle and Monsieur Firmin are now drawing the plans of the gardens that will link the Verandah of the Mansion and the Garden Pavillion, and guess what ? The grounds of the Mansion had to be extended accordingly so that my "working board" has now been extended from an initial 150cm x 90cm to 220cm x 90cm  :lol: !

These gardens will include a Fountain as a centerpiece with hopefully a realistic water effect, alleys "paved with bricks" bordered with small hedges of box, a versatile lawn area elevated and accessible by a small staircase where the afternoon tea and the evening play will take place, a vegetable garden with individual vegetable plots including growing tomatoes, lettuces, cabbages, carrots, melons and so on and a larger area passed the main gates of the Mansion where the carriages will drop their distinguished Guests  :)

Adding 70cm of "working board" has really helped me putting things back into perspective and I believe - sorry, I mean Miss Periwinkle & Monsieur Firmin believe - that the Summer Garden Party should definitely develop quite well on this new space.

For those who may be wondering why I will take you into a Summer garden Party as Autumn is settling in and the project is still at quite an early stage, I will simply answer that I cherished this project ever since February this year, but it did not materialize mainly because of lack of time as my attention was absorbed on more urgent matters.

I am a passionate individual and I give my 100% in everything I commit to do and as I can be a bit of perfectionist, I waited for the right time to kick start this project.

So I am afraid that the Summer tribulations of my happy little Victorians will take you well into the winter and you may well be walking into crushing snow when they will start gallivanting around the gardens in bloom, as I still have the central gardens to complete and the kitchen to redecorate before the Victorian tale start  :-[

For the moment, the space between the Verandah of the Mansion and the Pavillion is laid with blank A3 sheets of paper like a blank canvas upon which the magic must happen, and it will  ;)

Thank you for following the Making Of !

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2010, 21:18:30 »
Karim, I look forward to extending summer as long as it takes.  :love:  Can't wait to see the vegetable garden.  Thank you for all your efforts.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 22:39:01 »
What you have done is absolutely Amazing Karim  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I especially love how you did the hedge and flowerbeds  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:  but I do love it all  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

(I'm still hoping for a romance blossoming (sorry about the pun  ;D) between Miss Periwinkle and Monsieur Firmin. :love:)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2010, 22:41:35 »
Thank you so much Joe & Elaine  :wave: