Author Topic: Did Samurai(s) use shields?  (Read 909 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Did Samurai(s) use shields?
« on: June 18, 2017, 13:40:05 »
They did actually use shields according to Dorothy Perkins's book, The Samurai of Japan, during the sixth century.
However, a few hundred years later, when they began using bows and later, firearms.....hand-held shields became impractical.
So they instead latched large pieces of armour on their body and also used floor mounted mantlets.

Tahra might remember me asking for dimensions of our playmo cowboy saloon floor boards. I had been trying to customize some mantlets for my samurai klickies using just playmo parts with perhaps our playmo easel stands.
I even bought many of those playmo camera arms to try out but again, they didn't work

.....so, finally, sigh.....these...although much much better BUT not with playmo parts....
well, my samuai klickies can't complain  :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Did Samurai(s) use shields?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 14:26:57 »
Those look nice, master! 

As long as you don't show the back! :P

:o  BROWN lego parts! :love:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 16:13:21 »
thanks...the Lego arm/leg folds too and i forgot the easel pic

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 06:28:05 »
I didn't guess those mantlets were Lego, until you showed the back view! A most creative solution.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:53:06 »
....A most creative solution.

thank you.....maybe frustration/desperation is also a mother of invention  :lol: