Author Topic: 9332+9333 Figures 13  (Read 5302 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: 9332+9333 Figures 13
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 10:19:01 »
Great reviews Tahra.
You've probably found it by now but the yellow cape the knight has looks to be the same as the purple one the woman has in 7757, medieval family which takes a bow. I think there is a bridal version too.

The fat biker reminds me of John Belushi for some reason and the boxer seems based on Rocky Balboa.

The newspaper boy has nice eyebrows so it seems strange that the hair he's given covers them up.

I thought it interesting that the egyptian woman and arab man have the same mismatched cuffs. I had hoped the woman had sandy coloured hair but gold is okay too and she's a great looking fi?ure.

Kind of annoyed I didn't get the cowgirl when I found her as that white rope would be useful, a much better colour than the old orange and good to show things like match cord or wick.

Does the brown of the fairy man torso match the arms of the trapper?

While I liked the figure, it's a pity that the king is basically the same as the king from series 4, only real difference is the torso print and the series 4 king had red print on the crown.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 13:28:22 »
Thank you :)

You've probably found it by now but the yellow cape the knight has looks to be the same as the purple one the woman has in 7757, medieval family which takes a bow. I think there is a bridal version too.

Nope, I hadn't. I couldn't find it on the cape boxes, or among the "fancy klickys".. I believe we must have that bride - but she's in the victorian box (don't ask) IF she is sorted at all.

At least I was right about it looking familiar.

Thank you - I will add that in the review!  Shall I name you?

The fat biker reminds me of John Belushi for some reason and the boxer seems based on Rocky Balboa.

Probably, regarding the boxer. Same as the first, maybe?  However, he looks too small with the others, so..

Kind of annoyed I didn't get the cowgirl when I found her as that white rope would be useful, a much better colour than the old orange and good to show things like match cord or wick.

It's great, yes, also for a "fake color" pic :)

Does the brown of the fairy man torso match the arms of the trapper?

I need to check - on the mount 3 ones - everything is put away, and I have no idea which arms are the ones from the trapper.

While I liked the figure, it's a pity that the king is basically the same as the king from series 4, only real difference is the torso print and the series 4 king had red print on the crown.

I think we have far too many kings. "Too many chiefs, too few indians", we say here.. Still... fixed. I like the torso.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 23:28:29 »
I am sorting the box I got of them yesterday.
Yes the color of the fairy man torso matches the arms from the trapper.  :)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 00:02:32 »
Thank you :)

Nope, I hadn't. I couldn't find it on the cape boxes, or among the "fancy klickys".. I believe we must have that bride - but she's in the victorian box (don't ask) IF she is sorted at all.

At least I was right about it looking familiar.

Thank you - I will add that in the review!  Shall I name you?
No that's alright, I was hoping that it would be like the old one instead of that hole, it just looks odd having something hanging from the back of a cape.

Probably, regarding the boxer. Same as the first, maybe?  However, he looks too small with the others, so..
I think the first is just generic. Rocky had the whole American thing going with American flag gear, flag around the shoulders. The overall colour scheme and stars and caveman hair just says Rocky to me, though in the films he had a yellow robe.

I think we have far too many kings. "Too many chiefs, too few indians", we say here.. Still... fixed. I like the torso.
Too much royalty, almost no common people. Then the baker comes along and look how much interest there is. Nope can't have that, restrict sales to certain countries in Europe and don't offer anything similar... ::)

Some nice stuff in this series.

One of the advantages about those big skirts is if you want the legs underneath for something else, you can use them without having to replace them as the skirt still holds the figure up. You shouldn't be turning ladies upside down to check what's underneath anyway.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 08:20:24 »
I am sorting the box I got of them yesterday.
Yes the color of the fairy man torso matches the arms from the trapper.  :)

Thanks Tiermann ;)

No that's alright, I was hoping that it would be like the old one instead of that hole, it just looks odd having something hanging from the back of a cape.

Yes, it is kinda odd. And a peg would give more options, imo.

I think the first is just generic. Rocky had the whole American thing going with American flag gear, flag around the shoulders. The overall colour scheme and stars and caveman hair just says Rocky to me, though in the films he had a yellow robe.

That american thing was mostly in Rocky 4...  (Stallone = :love: )

Too much royalty, almost no common people. Then the baker comes along and look how much interest there is. Nope can't have that, restrict sales to certain countries in Europe and don't offer anything similar... ::)

Of course. People would want to BUY him in numbers... Money. Worse, FOREIGN money.  We all know how playmobil feels about THAT, right?  ::) >:( ???

Didn't you get a klicky?

I am not sure if in the end the store shipped to Portugal, but bundling 2.5 Kg of food with a klicky, it would be about 50 eur in the end. Far too much.

Some nice stuff in this series.

Great series :)  (except for the diapers!)

One of the advantages about those big skirts is if you want the legs underneath for something else, you can use them without having to replace them as the skirt still holds the figure up.

Ah, no.. Klickys must have legs. But we do replace them with more common ones  :-[

You shouldn't be turning ladies upside down to check what's underneath anyway.

You shouldn't?   :-[  Oopsy.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 18:38:00 »

Updated - thank you, Klickteryx!

S13, Boys, 3. Green Knight (direct link on playkingdoms)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 15:18:59 »
Great review, tahra! You got some nice extra pieces again too.

I'm glad you found out about the cape, haha. I used the white version of it on a knight a few years ago and used the hole to hold one of the Dragonland shields with the large jewel (maybe they used the idea? :D - the peg to hold stuff is much better though!). I like that cape design because it can fit over chest armour and between shoulder armour. However, I always thought that if Playmobil were going to make a cape like this (instead of reusing that one), they would remove or change the trim at the top.
~Pynedor~