Author Topic: 2018 new items  (Read 10144 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: 2018 new items
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 04:23:32 »
Thank you Tahra for the additional information and link
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 09:29:43 »
Ok, the Dragons are all the main characters that were missing!   :yippee:

Which ones were they? I've probably seen them but don't remember.

See the Novelties catalog from the PCC :'(
(I am SO not over this)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 18:10:17 »
Could the Crystle Palace be something along the lines of 3841? Unless it's the Football Club :P

I'm curious what they'll put in a 'History Class' set

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 18:52:18 »
Could the Crystle Palace be something along the lines of 3841? Unless it's the Football Club :P

I would think ICE. But it's probably pink.  ::)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 19:18:20 »
Ok, the Dragons are all the main characters that were missing!   :yippee:

See the Novelties catalog from the PCC :'(
(I am SO not over this)

I remember seeing the catalogue before but I didn't download it, just done so.
I'll miss the opportunity to do so in future.

Those series 13 figures have some great characters. The sushi guy is amazing and the newspaper boy is great too.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 19:34:44 »
Those series 13 figures have some great characters. The sushi guy is amazing and the newspaper boy is great too.

Well... the bag and papers are great.. the rest...

There are no rollerblading diapered kids delivering papers. They probably didn't exist at the same time.

When there were paperboys, I think the ones in diapers were too young for it. And I suppose a bike would be more used.

Still.. great parts (diapers excepted). Though at least they're brown... possibly matching the ghostbuster brown? Uhm. I still need a copy of master cheng's work in female form.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 22:40:35 »
rollerblading diapered kids

I used to wear baggy pants (though not drooped down the bum) in the mid-late 90s, when I was already in my twenties.  So please don´t call them diapers anymore, I´ll probably have to wear those (again) if I should reach a certain old age.  ;)

And I still happily wear (so very comfortable) straight, wide-legged jeans today (I have some stock, acquired between 2000 and 2010), in foresight of the comming of a new slim/skinny-pants era which I hate and which did materialise the past years and which reminds me so badly of the Punkrock /New Wave era of the early-mid 80´s with it´s awfull skinny fashion. (Back then I was musically & fashionwise completely into the then brandnew electronic beat music scene that evolved later on into House, Techno, etc. No place for skinny pants there, quite on the contrary.)
For a guy/man tops (shirts, jerseys, sweaters, jackets, ...) should be fitted and comfortable at the max, imho, but pants/jeans should allways sit comfortable at least and sometimes loose. The exception of course is office/work/official-occasion clothing (suits etc), there fashion of the moment should be followed (much) more strictly.
The latest street / free-time fashion hitting the stores right now are loose, oversized tops, like back in the 90s. So, if you like fitted or slim tops, go shop till you drop before it is too late. For "on/below the waist", some designers also start to offer more comfortable, wider-legged pants again, but most mainstreet fashion for pants is still skinny/slim (& tapered towards the ankle), at least here in Europe. Looks awfull combined with the reissueing of loose/oversized tops & jackets, but the youngsters (of the day) will again like it.
(Btw, as a man I´m more then averagely interested in fashion (which I do not allways follow though), and this as you all know in addition to Playmobil toys, but to completely compensate this "possibly a bit too feminine side" I´m also an aviation/aerospace/aeronautics-freak  8} )

And sorry for going so off-topic  :-[

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 10:37:42 »
The Phoenix sounds interesting. The Crystal theme sounds fairy/magic which would be nice too. Mars sounds like a great theme to me as well. Three more Wise Men, I'm starting to think the reason there were 3 Wise Men is just that the rest of them got stuck in traffic and didn't make it to the Creche. Dreamworks Spirit is a horse theme, so more of those I would guess. An interesting year.

Well, I hope they give the Spirit theme a Western look, I almost finished my diaroma, those sets could be nice additions.

Since I wasn’t able to buy the last Wise Men, I’m kinda glad they will produce them again! I was a bit afraid that Playmobil was not going to make any religion-related sets anymore.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 17:34:15 »
I used to wear baggy pants (though not drooped down the bum) in the mid-late 90s, when I was already in my twenties.  So please don´t call them diapers anymore, I´ll probably have to wear those (again) if I should reach a certain old age.  ;)

The point is not being baggy, it's hanging around the knees, like a VERY full diaper. I find them... how do I put this... ugly and ridiculous (worse in real life  ::) )

I am not interested in fashion at all, I suppose. So, what's "in" or "out" is beyond me...  :P

I was a bit afraid that Playmobil was not going to make any religion-related sets anymore.

I was hopeful, but very doubtful.. But it IS almost the only peasant source - and the rich merchants, of course.

And with blinky winkies. Sigh.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 23:25:39 »
Any pics yet of these novelties (that weren´t in the PCC-download catalogue 2017-2018) ??

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!