Author Topic: Ahoy there!  (Read 7581 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Ahoy there!
« on: December 29, 2005, 20:35:47 »
Hello all,

I apologize for my belated introduction, but well, late is better than never! ;)

I have been a Playmobil fan for several years now, and it is all Richard's fault. I am a longtime wargamer, and stumbled across Richard's magnificent Garden Wargaming site and fell in love. I believe my first ever email to Richard concerned the springs in the Playmobil cannon. I collect mostly pirates, though I have a decent collection of trains, knights, etc. My children , a 4-year-old boy (police, rescue, construction) and 7-year-old daughter (farm, zoo, Victorian, magic), are also avid Playmoholics.

My big love is customizing. I do not get as wild as some others (such as David), and try to stick mostly to standard parts, just combining and recombining them until I get the effect I want. I also enjoy making custom sails and stickers for my pirate ships. having two of anything, be it a klicky or a ship, that are exactly the same makes me nuts, so I have to change them... ;)

Lately, I have not had a whole lot of time or money to devote to my hobbies (Playmobil, model railroading and wargaming), and I am sort of stuck in a rut right now - go to work, go home, eat, sleep, repeat... Also, I spread myself too thin - I try to participate in too many forums (three Playmobil-related ones and at least three other wargaming ones). There are not enough hours in the day, because my priority is my family, and I try to spend as much time with them as I can. Which is part of the reason I began my love affair with Playmobil in the first place - I can share it with the whole family.

I am taking steps to remedy the situation. I am going to concentrate on one Playmobil forum and one wargaming forum. Also, I have planned a complete organization of my basement, which should accomplish two goals - one is to give me space to indulge in my hobbies, and two is re-energize me. I will keep you posted...

Glad to be here with my dear friends, and I hope to get to know the rest of you as well!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Ahoy there!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 20:45:26 »
Hi Henry! :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We all enjoy reading how each member first became interested in Playmobil. 8-)

Hope you have a great time at PlaymoFriends, and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future. ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 21:12:23 »
Why, 'tis Cap'n Henry who we thought be lost in Davy Jones' locker returned like a bad dubloon!

Avast and ahoy!  And welcome aboard, 'tis glad to see ye I am!

(And your priorities are spot on - family and Playmobil.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 02:44:03 »
Hello, Captain Henry ...

Happy that you're here my friend!

If you haven't already seen First Mate Tim Dawkins in one of the threads, I'm sure that you'll meet up with him sooner or later. Last time we saw Mr.Dawkins, he looked like he was going to become dinner for a hungry iguana ... 8}

Lots of Pirate stuff going on around these threads, Captain Henry ... :arrr:

I think that you're going to like it just fine here ... ;)

Looking forward to seeing you around.

All the best and Happy New Year,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 15:32:24 »
Ahoy Cap'n!  Welcome y'ar and tis a joy t' see ya!  ;D :wave:
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 08:37:27 »
Be welcome from Germany.

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 10:34:36 »

Ahoy there matey! So we meets again!! Welcome aboard Cap`n Henry.

When the sun sinks below the yardarm maybe we could meet up wi´Cap´n Dick and Tim Dawkins and wet our beards.

Guarrenzino aka Cap´n Davey

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 13:23:39 »
Hi Captain Henry,

Welcome from the Netherlands

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 23:16:55 »
Nice to see you Cap'n H.  Hope you can find time for family fun and the occaisional post too. :)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 23:22:33 »
Hello  Captain Henry

Good to see you around again and thank you for taking the time to join Playmofriends. I am sure you will enjoy it here and i hope you decide to stay. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your collection !!

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)